Respected Contributor

Re: Do The Days Seem Long To You..........

I'm really busy now so time is flying by...can't believe it's almost May. 

Honored Contributor

It's getting harder... And it varies... But for me, while the weeks seem to go somewhat quickly and the days with some exceptions also seem to go fairly quickly, the evenings are really dragging at this point more than they ever have...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

When I first started staying home in mid-March, I got into purging and doing projects around the house or just lazing around reading and the days went by OK.  Thought like it would be a couple weeks off and a break from work.  It did not really seem like this virus was going to go on and on.  I thought I would be back to work by the lst of April.

As time goes on my OK attutude about being at home all the time has changed and I am out of the mood for doing projects, etc. and I WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK!  I surely miss being around people.  I just roam around the house trying to work up some enthusiam to get into something.  I love my home and DH, but I am most definitely not a homebody.

Looking for a miracle I guess.  I just want to get back to normal.

Respected Contributor

I actually feel as though time is flying by- The weeks go by so quickly!

Honored Contributor

In some aspects, it seems like time is flying. Christmas was four months ago. If I can get outside, I feel more energized.

Honored Contributor

No, my days seem to go by pretty fast, but then since I retired, they all have gone by fast!  I remember distinctly when I worked how long the days were.  DH would call me and I would say --- It's only 3:00!!  How will I make it until 5:00??  Each hour seemed like 5 hours!  Now, a whole morning or afternoon goes by in the blink of an eye!

I will say though with this stay at home thing going on that I am getting somewhat bored!  Most of it is probably my fault.  I have plenty to do.  I should be cleaning but I just don't want to do it!  I want to get out and about and just knowing that I can't, makes me want to do it all the more!  

And our weather is not good at all.  Rain, rain, and then more rain!  And it's not warm at all.  Feels more like March weather and it's almost May!  I know I will feel much better when and if the rain stops for awhile and the temps warm up and I can get outside to do some yard work, put the patio furniture out, and quit being inside so much!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

im still working thank god.. my days off still go way too fast for me... if i was home all the time i'd be climbing the walls 6 weeks ago. i'm so glad to be working and getting a paycheck.. my hours. were cut a little, but im still fortunate. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm a homebody so doing fine.  However in Upstate NY have no warmth/sun I am anxious to get out in the garden.  Our local nurseries are opening 5/1 and we are so looking forward to that.  They have posted rules for being in the greenhouses and shopping there. 

Super Contributor

I live alone and an't begin to describe how I am feeling.  Some days I just stay in bed.  Not sure how to handle things at the moment.  I have spoken with my doctor and he has me on some medication  I also speak to family and friends often so no problem there.  Usually walk but it is pouring today in Philly.  stay safe everyone

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Whenever I hit a day that " drags ", I read until my eyes blur and about 4:30 PM I will take a nap.  Works for me.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill