Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do The Days Seem Long To You..........

If decent weather gets here I can do some yard work.  It's been so raining with occasional flurries I'll wait.  

I'd like to think at some point I can get some flats of flowers and do hanging baskets.  I can't get down and plant like I used to. Plus the neighbor's dogs dig in the flower beds.

I don't sew, paint or craft.  DD works from home and has been making masks or working on a quilt for a wonderful woman down the road..  She just retired and the quilt is a gift. Luckily, she can sew for hours and keep busy.

Oh well, at some point things will change.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that the days seem overly long to me. But they are incredibly mundane. Same thing, day after day.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah.....we're eating dinner early because we rarely eat lunch, which makes the early evening drag on...but we are keeping the same schedule as far as going to bed and getting up.

House is clean, really clean.....outdoor work is done when we have decent weather, which is rare to get two nice days in a row.

Today has been really long...can't wait until tomorrow, ugh.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

While working from home, the days fly by. 

If only I could go to work!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -

Not the days so much (since not sure what day it is unless I look at a calendar!), but this month and March has been the longest months ever!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I find things to do, and try to be productive daily, cleaning, walking, bathing dogs, etc. today I pruned trees need to do shrubs. Cutting & coloring my hair, don't know why! 

I agree with others it  is the same staying at home daily except braving the grocery store that's beginning to bother me. 
  I text and e mail family and friends but can't hear them to phone. I can't hear well and can't read the lips of people in masks. (I can't breathe in them either!)

I miss lunches out and don't cook much for myself. 
  Today by two I thought it was four so I had wine anyhow!

Contributor

Yes, my days are long.  I try to read and think of different projects to do around the house.  But same routine everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree @San Antonio Gal I work from home too, and the days are going by so fast. I have created a new normal. I get up put on makeup and do my  hair just like I always did (That is the one thing I keep the same) I take a walk everyday, so I am perfectly happy. 

I wish this monster virus did not exist, but it does, so we have to make the best of it.

Honored Contributor

The mornings go by so quick.  Afternoons drag by just a bit.  Then from dinner to 11pm it whizzes by   It heated up here   I get up, go feed the birds their peanuts and pumpkin seed, check the goldfinches niger seed sacks, and read by the pond.  My granddaughter comes over about 11am and works in garden  she is far away from me and doesn't go in house.   I sometimes stay out there for hours.  When it gets almost 90 I can't do that, so come in house.  I am not a tv watcher, and I can't get interested in watching movies during he day.  So it drags by a bit.

then later, it's on to the NYT crosswords, answering emails and texting  lol

Honored Contributor

We have had nice weather for the past week. I have been trying to get my back flower bed ready for planting but can’t get the stuff I need to plant right now. I have tons of donations in boxes waiting to be picked up. Have been waking up way too early for some reason which makes the days seem even longer. DH and I try and go out for a walk between 7:30-8 in the evenings. We really miss our grandkids! We have seen them from a distance when we go by their house and they come out to visit, but then the baby reaches out for me and it just kills me that I can’t take her!