Valued Contributor

Re: Do People Tend to Create Their Own Drama?

I like what my son says. Keep the Drama in High School.

Honored Contributor

Lordy yes!

Melodrama every moment.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness. Yes!   Those people who ALWAYS have something going on, whether it's the job, their relationship, family, neighbors.  Those people who are always fighting and sniping and waring with people do indeed thrive on drama and they create it.  I think we all know at least one person like that.  I know a couple of those people, I should say women.  I can't cut them loose because the "drama queen" thing isn't constant and they are friends, good friends.  One is reving up now.  She has new co-worker and I can see the signs.

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly what @Travone said!   I believe that creating drama is why some posters come to these boards.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Some people do -  some people don't.    

I don't think I can paint all the people I know as "drama queens" but I certainly know some and I prefer not spending lots of time with them.  It's exhausting, to say the least.

Honored Contributor

Esp. in my family. All drama queens and kings. Once 2 people got into a fight (fists) about chicken salad.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Lots of the time they do.It depends on the person and the issue

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes! One of my daughters champions the silent treatment when she doesn’t get her way. In the past, those to whom she was speaking tried to convince her to stop the no-talking. It became clear that this is just what she wanted, a matter of control over others. The drama continues but we all let it pass by. Sooner or later she relents and starts talking again....until the next episode begins.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1: Oy! Vey! LOL!!! Woman Very HappySmiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Absolutely!!