Honored Contributor

Re: Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

Hey guys!  Isn’t it fun to see the interesting combinations we all eat.  

It’s fun too to read everyone ‘s sometime rituals (like eating certain foods first, second and third, or not letting food touch each other).

It’s been nice the way everyone is so honest about their likes.  It’s fun to read the combinations.

As I was reading, I found myself thinking, “ Hummmm!  This or that sounds good...maybe I’ll try it”!  Ha!

As far as the question of why my intestine cracked...no idea.  The terrible pain was caused by the bacteria leaking out.  It wasn’t from blockage though, we knew that.

I remember meeting someone who almost died because one of those tiny seeds on top of a strawberry got stuck in her intestine!  Weird, huh?

As far as ketchup or mayonnaise or mustard on french fries, I’ve read in different parts of the country , people prefer...say mayonnaise, etc.  

At the risk of repeating myself, thanks for your honesty and agreeing to post you likes.  Notice I left out the word “weird”.  I did that because...well, the fact that we enjoy what and how we do doesn’t seem weird after all.

Hugs to all...Annabelle.  Oh!  Bill the cat want you to know he loves freeze dried pieces of white chicken.  It crumbles in my hand to sawdust and the pieces look like those styrofoam popcorn things in packaging.  They have no smell.  But Bull and sister Katie the cat loves it when I bread it up in a plate.  It looks like tiny pieces of snow.  When I put it down for them to eat it, it will float away, it’s so light!

Honored Contributor

This is a FUN thread,thanks @Annabellethecat66 .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

Nope .. not strange at all.  I love potatoes, when I have meals with mash potatoes, I save them for last to eat ...

A few taked about the different dippings for their french fries, I've done the same and a few times I also topped my french fries with gravy, every is good with gravy .. lol

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

I love love love scrambled eggs prepared with mayonnaise! When I was 13 my older sister said she would make scrambled eggs for me one morning, she gave them to me and I thought wow! These are delicious! I asked her what was different and she said she put mayo in them. I’ve loved them ever since! I rarely eat them because hello… Cholesterol… But they’re still good
Trusted Contributor

I recently discovered how yummy sour cream is on top of an omelet or scrambled eggs, especially if they contain veggies.  I can't believe I never thought to try it before.

When I was a kid, I always had to have milk on top of my jello.  It sounds gross, but I remember it being delicious.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lunch today was a chicken salad sandwich with some crunchy potato chips added on top of the chicken mixture between the bread slices.

Love tuna salad sandwiches with potato chips included , too.

This might be weird because I don't ever snack on chips or eat them right out of the bag by themselves.  That's my husband's job.

Also like to dip Fritos corn chips into tuna salad.

Otherwise, salty snacks are too boring to eat by themselves in a large quantity.

Valued Contributor

I'm by no means a picky eater, nor do I have a particularly delicate digestive system, but I gotta admit to feeling queasy after reading some of these replies! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I see this topic is still going and fun. I thought of another couple things. Eating veggies out of a can cold came up a couple times and I love peas cold out of the can. And then I got to thinking about how Dagwood Bumstead would take bean sandwiches to work in the very, very old cartoons. I love bean sandwiches whether pork and beans right out of the can or some leftover homemade baked beans. Hope more food cravings, etc. come in. This is a fun topic.