Honored Contributor

Re: Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

@Mary Bailey wrote:

my cousin Laura: dip potato chips in semi-melted ice cream (folded potato chips are best)

I prefer crushed Fritos on my ice cream.  Sweet and salty.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I like chili over rice with sliced hard boiled eggs on top.

Valued Contributor

I put lots of sour cream in menudo.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a teen, my friends and I liked our potato chips dipped in mayo and/or potato chip, mayo on white bread sandwiches.

As a child my mother made what I call vegetable sandwiches.  White bread, mayo, carrots, celery, radishes, lettuce.  Loved them for years and still love them, use homemade potato bread.  Seasoned with ground pepper. 

Breakfast is hard-cooked egg prepared with either mushrooms, peppers or green onions on a slice of homemade pumpernickel. Seasoned with harissa and pepper.

Many dinners are vegetable salads with fruits and/or veges; add tricolored spiral pasta, raspberry/walnut vinegarette. Sometimes add fresh corn from cob or just eat the cob corn separately.  All seasoned with pepper.

Smoothies with only a variety of berry fruits, stone fruits, pineapple, mango, pom juice, never use yogurt or dairy.

Try this:  sprinkle ground black pepper on vanilla ice cream and see how the pepper enhances the vanilla.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Oh my .. I have many strange eating habits & cobos. Like one of the posters stated, their stomach doesn't know the time of day. I'm the same way, eat  whatever my body craves.

A group of  us would go out for breakfast after Church on Sundays; I've had burgers, pastrami & corned beef sandwiches.  A lot of times, I'll have just plain french fries with just salt on them, then there are times my fries have to be loaded to ketchup and a lot of salt.

I'm not much of a soda drinker.  I love milk but it has to be ice cold.  I'm also a hot coffee drinker, don't like cold coffee or luke warm coffee, I also enjoy hot tea, sweeten, and ice teas unsweeten.  A lot of times when going out to dinner and/or lunch I would order both, ice tea and hot coffee at the same time and drink both at the same time, but no together ... lol

With pizza I like ice cold milk; at times when I crave porato chips, they have to been greasy and salty and pretzels, I like the very thin pretzles with a good amount of salt and I'll drink again the ice cold milk..

I'm really not into sweets.  I do enjoy most veggies.  A times when making corn on the cob, we'd make extra and would have some watching tv, I would have it at room temp and while watching tv, I'd pick the kernals off the corn and eat it slowly; I also would eat raw string beans while watching tv.  I also love brussel spouts, I even like them, when they are over cooked and mushy ... lol

I love my soups so I've eaten soups for breakfast as well.  Guess I just eat whatever I feel like for breakfast, not always your normal 'breakfast" foods.

Honored Contributor

Anything goes when it comes to a salad; I often put leftover meat or chicken over the top of greens for dinner...then add nuts and fresh veggies.

We often do breakfast for dinner.

I devil eggs and we like those in the morning with toast and bacon.

I eat cottage cheese mixed with red, green, and yellow peppers and onions 

No combination of food is weird if they like it!

one of our faves in the summer is BLT salad with tuna mixed in, cold pork and beans on the side and corn on the cob.

I cook my corn on the cob in the microwave so I don’t hate to heat up my small kitchen with a big pot of boiling water

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Peanut butter and Mayo Sandwich, so yummy. Chips dipped in Ketchup.  Melted Peanut Butter Cups eat with a Spoon.  Chips on Sandwich.  

I dont eat chips hardly at all these days though.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut I knew I'd get a giggle out of your post!  My late husband and I last 38 years when he died.

We were like ying and yang (as opposite as two people could be).  Always opposite sides of games and only competitive with each other.

I used to call him "My gate keeper" because he helped keep me 'a little bit normal'.

Now that he's gone.....well...look out world.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   One of my favorite meals is mixed Spring greens on 21 grain bread spread with Hellman's mayo.  I have it for breakfast sometimes, but especially late at night if I am hungry and want something light, usually because I didn't eat dinner or very little.

I used to love leftover cold steak in the morning and other such things, when I was young, lol, still will eat leftover cold pizza once in a while.

I will make a meal of corn on the cob, so sweet and delicious.  I do make regular meals for DH, but I don't have to eat them, lol.

Honored Contributor

I used to each peanut butter, bananas, and sugar on the bananas as a sandwich.  Now, I hardly ever buy peanut butter because I can't stay out of it.