Respected Contributor

Re: Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

Yeah. In summer, when it’s hot, I LOVE to combine Pom juice mixed with buttermilk. It’s tangy, sweet, and soooo cooling. I pretty much crave a small glass 2x/ day, after lunch and dinner. It’s my thing, let it go. 

Trusted Contributor

I make a pot of soup once a week,divide into containers and eat soup most every morning. Today I am making split pea and ham.

Honored Contributor

Corn happens to be sweeter then most fruits because of the tremendous sugar it packs. I remember seeing a tv show about a race of Indians in Mexico that had died out thousand of years ago.  All their skulls showed decayed teeth.  Their diet of corn was the reason.  So lots of folk like corn in their salads.  Not unusual at all. I eat them in my salad too. People  like combinations of food for their tartness or sweetness, no matter what kind of food it is.  Chocolate on hamburgers is one I can think of off the top of my head.  Bacon on donuts is another.  Not a lot of veggies.  Some veggies have a bitter taste.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

This sounds very Japanese or macrobiotic.  I used to make a rice cream with miso in it for breakfast.

@SilleeMee wrote:

Miso with oatmeal.

Japanese eat miso soup for breakfast. My mom was Japanese so miso is something I grew up eating. I eat quite a few strange Japanese foods.Woman Very Happy @phoenixbrd 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like poached eggs and creamed spinach on a buttered and jellied English muffin.

Valued Contributor

I love a peanut butter sandwich with sliced radishes.

@Love my grandkids I am totally with you on the liverwurst on triscuits. I usually put some sliced swiss on it too

cookin

Respected Contributor

I am finding this thread very entertaining. I myself am pretty plain vanilla with foods, no weird combos or habits.  But I keep catching my partner eating cocktail peanuts for breakfast I find it very unsettling!  And funny.

Respected Contributor

When I have Italian food leftover I enjoy eating it for breakfast.  Just microwave long enough to take the chill off.  I'm in heaven eating cold pizza for breakfast.

Other then that I don't have many food combo oddities.  I put tartar sauce and ketchup on french fries.  Then there is mashed potato on a slice of bread with onions and melted cheese.

Honored Contributor

I will put ranch dressing on just about anything.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Do you also eat (for breakfast, etc) something that's usually eaten at an entirely different time of day?

I learned eons ago that my stomach has no idea what time of day it is so I can eat whatever I want whenever I want it.

As for unusual combinations I like to mix macaroni salad and pork and beans together and potato salad topped with unsweetened apple sauce.

@Marp I've eaten left over Chinese food for breakfast, chicken parm is another for the same reason as you.