Honored Contributor

Re: Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

I eat something different for breakfast everyday.  My favorite is apple crisp with sharp cheddar cheese.  Yesterday I had peanut butter with pickled jalapenos on smoked gouda Triscuits.  This morning I had a bowl of soup and a roll. 

Trusted Contributor

I like Thousand Island dressing instead of cocktail sauce in a shrimp cocktail sometimes.

Instead of the usual cheeseburger [lettuce, tomato, mayonaise], I like cheese, mayonnaise, and sliced green olives.

Esteemed Contributor

I like baby carrots dipped in peanut butter for a snack.

Trusted Contributor

For me, I eat non- breakfast foods in the morning: soup or salad with chicken or even a baked potato. Dinners often are cereal or quiche or even an egg salad sandwich.

Esteemed Contributor

I love grilled cheese/peanut butter sandwiches....yum! We're retired so our meal choices are sometimes independent (we each fix what we want) and not very ordinary. He loves frozen burritos for breakfast. I had lime jello and sweet corn on the cob for my lunch!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

All thru junior high and high school my breakfasts were grilled cheese with tomato soup, chicken noodle soup and peanut butter toast, leftover biscuits with peanut butter, or tuna salad sandwiches.   My brothers ate cold cereal.   At times I was okay with rice, oatmeal or cream of wheat.

16 years of 11-7 shift changed my favorite breakfast foods to hot dogs, hamburgers, subs, any kind of pasta, baked potatoes, even left over chicken liver.   

I like to eat fried spam covered with pancake syrup, need plain potato chips with chocolate cake, eat pizza bite for bite with pepperoncini peppers washed down with Coke, meatloaf or home fried chicken on my plate must have mashed potatoes and peas.   I never eat any type of bean without onion.   I eat eggs for supper, not breakfast.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I eat “weird” stuff all the time. I often eat just for nutrition benefits ....even if it does not taste great. I am sure I eat combinations no one else would eat.....that is just ME. 

Honored Contributor

Miso with oatmeal.

Esteemed Contributor

Hot sauce on alot of foods.

I am trying to cut back with this habit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66   I frequently chop fruit (especially mango, but I've used berries, apples, orange - especially good in spinach salads, etc.) into my daily marathon green salads....yummy and I've never considered it strange.  I eat lots of fruits/veggies and just can't think of a strange combo, even though I tend to get creative in the kitchen.  I do add sauerkraut frequently in my salads for the probiotic benefits and gives a delicious salty taste to a green salad.  Food is my medicine so I eat for health. One man's usual is another's bizarreSmiley Wink