Honored Contributor

Re: Do Amazon Fresh deliveries come in a box or in grocery bags?

@Twins Mom wrote:

Curious.  Is Amazon Fresh where they have a Whole Foods?  Does one tip, etc or pay extra for service?

They are treated as separate even though Amazon owns Whole Foods and uses some of the foods for Fresh Orders.  Tips are included when you calculate your total before you send your order in for your credit card to be charged..  You can change the tip if you want to.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D 

Your post which I read about an hour ago reminded me that I was planning on placing an Amazon food order.

I placed my order and wiithin an hour my order was delivered!  As for packaging each produce item was in one of their green plastic bags in a total of four brown paper bags all marked as to the contents.  They were separated by fragile (tomatoes, glass vinegar bottle) and other categories.  Wow, they were quick and the packaging was the best I've seen from them yet!

Honored Contributor

Mine come in strong brown paper shopping bags that are sealed.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Mine came in Whole Foods grocery bags and the items were not kept cold in an insulated bag for the trip to my house, unlike Instacart where they are required to have very specific insulated bags.

I was beyond annoyed and I never ordered from them again.

@VaBelle35 @Instacart from Publix uses Publix small plastic grocery bags and no insulated bag. I think Instacart might vary depending on which grocery store you are buying from. 

My post wasn't clear.  I don't mean they leave the insulated bag on my doorstep.  I mean they don't transport it from the store to my door in an insulated bag.  All my cold stuff was room temperature or hot.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I had Amazon Fresh for years.  We always got paper bags.  I'm now with Instacart, and they use paper bags also.  I don't remember getting any boxes.  I started on Amazon Fresh about 4 years ago.  In fact, I think I was the first one to have the service when I talked about it on the board, introducing the service when the Pandemic struck. I had to stop when it got so popular, I couldn't get a time slot for delivery. At that time, we had a membership fee that got waived during the pandemic.   Amazon Fresh and Instacart are almost identical in service and how they operate.

@songbird @I think they have improved on getting time slots. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D 

mine come in those nice thermal insulated picnic totes,which I leave outside for re pick up by Amazon

free 2 hr shipping for Prime members and tipping is optional,you choose yes or no and how much.