Honored Contributor

Do Amazon Fresh deliveries come in a box or in grocery bags?

Do Amazon Fresh deliveries come in a box or in grocery bags? I'm awaiting an Amazon Fresh delivery of assorted foods, including milk, a few frozen items, two canned items, bottled water case. Will my order be set in front of my door in big boxes or will it arrive in 

plastic grocery bags?

Valued Contributor

Re: Do Amazon Fresh deliveries come in a box or in grocery bags?

[ Edited ]

Mine came in sealed heavy duty plastic bags. I imagine it's different depending on where you live.

Respected Contributor

Curious.  Is Amazon Fresh where they have a Whole Foods?  Does one tip, etc or pay extra for service?

Respected Contributor

Mine comes delivered in brown paper bags or brown shopping bags. Frozen or refrigerated items are are placed in a silver insulation bag in the paper bag with bottles of frozen water.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom wrote:

Curious.  Is Amazon Fresh where they have a Whole Foods?  Does one tip, etc or pay extra for service?

@Twins Mom @You can choose to tip. There is no delivery fee or service fee and prices were outstanding. My order came to, in my estimation, half of what my last order from Publix delivery with Instacart came to. This is with a Prime membership so I can't say what charges there would be without my membership. I don't know where the food will be coming from. Amazon does have a huge fulfillment warehouse about ten miles from me. I don't know if Whole Foods orders will come from the same warehouse. They are so busy today that I could not swap out an item (wrong kind of Thomas' English Muffins) today. The website says I can, but when I chatted, I was told I can't do so today. When ordering online from Amazon Fresh or from Whole Foods, the cart contains orders are set up separately and are paid for separately. Many items from the two different sources differ. 

Respected Contributor

Mine come in paper bags. 

Honored Contributor

Mine came in Whole Foods grocery bags and the items were not kept cold in an insulated bag for the trip to my house, unlike Instacart where they are required to have very specific insulated bags.

I was beyond annoyed and I never ordered from them again.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Mine came in Whole Foods grocery bags and the items were not kept cold in an insulated bag for the trip to my house, unlike Instacart where they are required to have very specific insulated bags.

I was beyond annoyed and I never ordered from them again.

@VaBelle35 @Instacart from Publix uses Publix small plastic grocery bags and no insulated bag. I think Instacart might vary depending on which grocery store you are buying from. 

Honored Contributor

Amazon offers both Fresh and Whole Foods -- they are two different deliveries. They used to Pantry also but deleted it recently.

I am a Prime member but still have a minimum order of $35. There is a place to leave a tip, and I always do so.

The packaging can very. Basically it's paper bags. If you are lucky, your cold/frozen items will be insulated. I have no idea how faraway our Amazon warehouse is. But we have had many, many temperature problems with Fresh. When that happens, I go online and use their refund process.

Instacart shoppers are supposed to thermal carriers, and they almost always do.

I use both. Fresh often has excellent prices.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had Amazon Fresh for years.  We always got paper bags.  I'm now with Instacart, and they use paper bags also.  I don't remember getting any boxes.  I started on Amazon Fresh about 4 years ago.  In fact, I think I was the first one to have the service when I talked about it on the board, introducing the service when the Pandemic struck. I had to stop when it got so popular, I couldn't get a time slot for delivery. At that time, we had a membership fee that got waived during the pandemic.   Amazon Fresh and Instacart are almost identical in service and how they operate.