Contributor

@CalminHeart you really need to calm down

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@hckynutjohn ---just wanted to address what you said---I was in this marriage until the day either of us died, as I believed in those vows. But, the other party decided on his own, to end it with no discussion or explanation at all. There was no reasons given--it was a done deal as far as he was concerned, I didn't need to know---  Kind of hard to fight city hall!!

@wagirl 

I understand! My mother raised myself and 3 older sisters when my sperm donor took off. My mom was a very devout Catholic, and priests back then, told her it was a Mortal Sin to divorce. 

She never did divorce, but my older sister told me after 7 or 9 years, he legally was declared dead.Thus no divorce papers were necessary. I stayed out of those things because I was too young to understand any of it.

For me today's world is much different when it comes to this topic. I have a friend that was married 5 times, 3 to the same women! Do I understand it? No, but I knew every one if his wives also. 

One problem was booze, another was drugs. He still is 1 of my best friends, but I have not heard from him in over a year. He moves from California to Florida from time to time. He was not married the last time I talked with him. Now?  I haven't a clue.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn I lived most of my ilfe in So. Calif. and when I was about 10 our parish pastor told my mom to divorce our sperm donor in order to protect herself and us kids. Catholic or not, I always appreciated him telling her this. Of course it took her two more hell-filled years to do it. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

What? Do you know something I don't? Woman Mad

I'm happily married and have never been divorced.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@catlover7777 wrote:

@Love my grandkids OMG.................that sounds awful........Sorry....did not mean to be judgemental....not at alll.

I'm sorry if anyone thinks that.

I've been married for 26 years and it has not all been unicorns and sunsets.............dating is so different than being married. I still miss my twin bed. No blanket stealing, snoring, strange sounds................

Sometimes, I just wonder.....that's all.

You can sleep in a guest bedroom sometimes. Have your own blanket and everything.

If you're wondering about divorce, why not just go take a week vacation at a nice resort and clear your mind? Or something similar. Getting a little space is good sometimes. It lets you remember who you are as an individual again and it lets you miss your partner.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Malcontent ....sending you hugs. You need them. ((Hugs)).

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

Very confusing thread. So many fingers being pointed. This is truly a hot topic. Marriage and divorce..it's not something one can define for another, there are way too many variables.  

Honored Contributor

@catlover7777 wrote:

@CalminHeart you really need to calm down

Empathy is a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@catlover7777 - Please don't call people who stay in an abusive marriage (or relationship) idiots. You have no idea why they stay, what harm has become them or what they fear might happen if they leave.

My daughter has dealt with Domestic Violence cases for years. She has begged and pleaded for the abused to press charges or leave to no avail. 

Honored Contributor

@catlover7777 Not buying your "sorry if anyone thnks I sound judgmental." You know good and well that you do and you sound proud of some of your unkind comments. Shame on you. I wish we still had the Ignore option so I wouldn't "see" you.

But at least I can avoid your posts from here on in.