Honored Contributor

Re: Disregard e-mails about trial deposits for Amazon Credit Builder secured card

I was on the phone with a long wait also. I wouldn't have known my emails had anything to do with an Amazon account, which the rep told me they do, nor would I have known they were really sent by Synchrony which they were. So even if I had seen this thread before I called, I still would have called.

Re: Disregard e-mails about trial deposits for Amazon Credit Builder secured card

I have recevied 2 so far and I am thinking what WTH.  I don't think its a system glitch, I think they have been hacked.   I tried calling and kept getting disconnect.   I dont have a back account with them only retail cards.   I did change passwords on retail accounts.

amy s. 

Trusted Contributor

@sgraham30   Thank you for posting.  I got the 3 emails also and it scared me because someone had hacked my amazon account 3 weeks ago and changed the email, password, name etc.  Took a few days to get that corrected.  I thought I had been hacked again.

Was on hold for 30 minutes with them to find out it was a mistake. I will be curious to see what their apology letter will say.   

Trusted Contributor

@CoffeeNut, you're very welcome!

Esteemed Contributor

@sgraham30, thank you!

I actually found your thread when I was searching Google about possible Synchrony Bank scams. I have received 2 emails today and was trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

I would have never thought to look here first.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, you're very welcome! I had no idea what Amazon Credit Builder (mentioned in the 2nd e-mail received) was so I googled it to find out. The bank phone number was on the page that I found so I called them immediately to find out what the heck was going on. Per the rep I spoke to, most of the calls they've received today have been about those e-mails. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you! I tried to talk to Amazon, but they dropped me. Then I sent all 3 to abuse at synchronybank.

I was afraid someone was trying to open an account in my name.
Esteemed Contributor

@sgraham30

I got a spoofing email about an hour ago. I sent this latest one to Amazon.

The address is Stop-spoofing@amazon.com. I did get an real email from Amazon.

Black Friday is coming dishonest people want to steal your money. 

Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
Thank you! I tried to talk to Amazon, but they dropped me. Then I sent all 3 to abuse at synchronybank.

I was afraid someone was trying to open an account in my name.

@cosmic1   Well, they weren't abuse since the Synchrony rep confirmed to me that Synchrony sent them.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee, agreed, but I didn’t know that at the time.