Honored Contributor

Re: Disregard e-mails about trial deposits for Amazon Credit Builder secured card

@cosmic1 wrote:
@Pearlee, agreed, but I didn’t know that at the time.

@cosmic1  Definitely better to be safe than sorry!

Respected Contributor

Re: Disregard e-mails about trial deposits for Amazon Credit Builder secured card

I received the same email. Glad to have an explanation. Thanks🙂

Honored Contributor

i got three of these emails today. they went to an email account that i dont even use for amazon so i pretty much knew that they had to be some type of spam or scam.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have a ShopHQ card through Synchrony and I too got e-mails about the trial deposits. This morning I rec'd an e-mail from Synchrony that they were a mistake and confirming there was no security breach.

Regular Contributor

Received those emails yesterday but deleted them.  Today I received one from Synchrony Bank saying they were sent out by mistake and there was no data breach.

It is what it is!!!
Respected Contributor

When this first happened, in spite of Synchrony's assurance there had been no security breach, I changed my passwords at both Synchrony and Amazon.  And, I use a good system for keeping passwords current and private.  

Strangely, when I tried to access my Amazon account yesterday, my new password was not accepted as accurate.  (I know it was entered correctly.)  I had to reset it.  Then, once in my account, I found there was no record of my Amazon credit card.  That, too, had to be reset.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.