Honored Contributor

Re: Disney, what the??

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@CJC wrote:
I live near Disney, so our local news is full of the opening news. Today I watched in amazement as visitors in wheelchairs and parents with strollers entered park as if they had not a care in the world. People screaming in the rides, throwing those cute little droplets everywhere. Have Americans lost their minds? Are they blind to what is happening down here in FL? Is it vacation at any cost, at any risk?

@CJC 

I’ve been watching videos made by passholders who attended and, I have to say, what I am seeing looks pretty good. Temperature checks before being admitted. Masks, social distancing even on rides, tons of cleaning, etc. Pretty deserted park. 

How they will handle things for the for the general public tomorrow, I don’t know. But if anyone can succeed at opening in a healthy and safe way, it is going to be Disney. 

-Just to be clear, they couldn’t pay me enough to convince me to go myself. I am unlikely even to ever go in a store again.... 

-----   
I hope you're not serious about never going in a store again.! 

There has to be a common sense middle ground, between hiding in your house, scrubbing your mail with sanitizer, leaving it in the garage, for days, and gaily proclaiming you're living your life, and refuse to take a single precaution, in fact, you're proud to engage in high risk activities!

@SuhseK, my husband and I have never stopped complying with the stay-at-home mandate, even after it was rescinded (apparently, too early). We walk our pup and occasionally go to TJs and to visit our family from their driveway are backyard.

We are not hiding; we're staying safe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I am just staying away from groups/crowds period, the unknown information out weighs  what is being put out about this COVID 19 in my opinion.

Even I was in disbelief with the death tolls earlier but I was shook awoke big time when back in April I had to pick up a prescription at the pharmacist and they had a notice that one of the clerks that I use to converse with all the time passed away from COVID 19 and she was young in her 30's.  I am still shaken by her death.

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@CJC wrote:
I live near Disney, so our local news is full of the opening news. Today I watched in amazement as visitors in wheelchairs and parents with strollers entered park as if they had not a care in the world. People screaming in the rides, throwing those cute little droplets everywhere. Have Americans lost their minds? Are they blind to what is happening down here in FL? Is it vacation at any cost, at any risk?

@CJC 

I’ve been watching videos made by passholders who attended and, I have to say, what I am seeing looks pretty good. Temperature checks before being admitted. Masks, social distancing even on rides, tons of cleaning, etc. Pretty deserted park. 

How they will handle things for the for the general public tomorrow, I don’t know. But if anyone can succeed at opening in a healthy and safe way, it is going to be Disney. 

-Just to be clear, they couldn’t pay me enough to convince me to go myself. I am unlikely even to ever go in a store again.... 

-----   
I hope you're not serious about never going in a store again.! 

There has to be a common sense middle ground, between hiding in your house, scrubbing your mail with sanitizer, leaving it in the garage, for days, and gaily proclaiming you're living your life, and refuse to take a single precaution, in fact, you're proud to engage in high risk activities!

@SuhseK 

I don’t have any reason to go into a store anymore. I love it and, as long as I can order what I need for pickup or delivery, I am pretty sure I won’t go into stores again. I save time and money. Not to mention that I avoid risking my health. Even if this virus magically disappears as some suggest it is going to do, why would I waste my time going into stores if I don’t have to?

BTW, I rarely use hand sanitizer, I open my mail as soon as I get it though I do wash my hands afterward. 

The only risky thing I do is go to work every day. I do wear a mask when outside of my office but I do not feel safe there. 

Florida has no leadership and that that is a problem. Same in some other states. What we need is leadership at the national level and we won’t be getting that any time soon. I saw a report comparing the US handling of the virus to that of countries hat have successfully handled it and are reopening well. We have not done anything correctly. 

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Japan has banned screaming on the roller coasters:/

I'd like to see how they try to enforce that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

How the heck will some masks stay on during a rollercoaster that goes at high speeds? Then again, with the force of the speed, maybe they will stay on.

How about getting wet on the log ride? Maybe taking the mask off during the ride is allowed.

@Lucky Dog  I agree some masks will come off. I love roller coasters and other rides. With the wind and Jerking motions, turning upside down and water spraying I don't see how masks can stay on. Some will fly off! 
  I'm not going, but IF I rode one with a mask I would want to be in the front car!

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Japan has banned screaming on the roller coasters:/

I'd like to see how they try to enforce that.

..Some riders who spoke to a reporter said they might try to comply, but they aren't too worried if they end up shrieking. We're all riding an emotional roller coaster these days, anyway.

The screaming ban is voluntary and riders won't be punished, the wsj article reports.

Honored Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

That is crazy! Children are not immune to the virus. Today, a 6 month old in Corpus Christi TX died from it. And even if they don't show symptoms, they can expose others who can become seriously ill. 

I really need to buy that t-shirt: People are so stupid.

@cotto22   The baby was 6 weeks old, not 6 months.

While he did test positive for COVID-19, he died at home from infant death syndrome (SIDS).

While there will be an autopsy, an autopsy cannot determine if COVID-19 was the true cause of death.

This is the last update I heard; either way the fact that this baby tested positive is very disturbing, troubling, and sad.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Money aka Greed over safety..............

And then there are those people still walking around like they are in denial about this COVID 19 pandemic.

@Luvitorleaveit1 

Greed?     Oh please ....   LOTS of businesses are opening.  Aren't you watching the news?    This isn't about "greed" at all.   

NO ONE is forcing anyone to go to D-Land.  NO ONE is telling people everything is totally safe.  Aren't these decisions left to the PARENTS?  If people want to take their kids into large crowds without masks, I think the blame lies on the parents, not the park.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

Just my own personal opinion...not enough to stand on a soap box....everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion.  I watch the news just like everyone else believe it or not it's hard not to unless you live under a rock which some do.

Stay well...............

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 

Of course we all have our own opinions.  Nevertheless, it isn't Disney that decides which kids come to the park .... it's the parents that make that decision.