Trusted Contributor
I live near Disney, so our local news is full of the opening news. Today I watched in amazement as visitors in wheelchairs and parents with strollers entered park as if they had not a care in the world. People screaming in the rides, throwing those cute little droplets everywhere. Have Americans lost their minds? Are they blind to what is happening down here in FL? Is it vacation at any cost, at any risk?
Respected Contributor

@CJC Disneyland in CA is delaying it's reopening.  Maybe the Disney Co doesn't think Orlando is a hot spot?  It doesn't make any sense.  

Honored Contributor

So, would it be up to the FL Gov to curtail the reopening?

It is so hot there now, everyone will be sweating all over each other, yuck!!

Esteemed Contributor

Money aka Greed over safety..............

And then there are those people still walking around like they are in denial about this COVID 19 pandemic.

Valued Contributor

That is crazy! Children are not immune to the virus. Today, a 6 month old in Corpus Christi TX died from it. And even if they don't show symptoms, they can expose others who can become seriously ill. 

I really need to buy that t-shirt: People are so stupid.

Respected Contributor

Image result for lemmings

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

Re: Disney, what the??

[ Edited ]

cjc199: No they are not blind but when you hear someone who shall remain nameless say. If you can do Home Depot, if you can do Walmart. They figure what the heck we can Do Disney World.

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:
I live near Disney, so our local news is full of the opening news. Today I watched in amazement as visitors in wheelchairs and parents with strollers entered park as if they had not a care in the world. People screaming in the rides, throwing those cute little droplets everywhere. Have Americans lost their minds? Are they blind to what is happening down here in FL? Is it vacation at any cost, at any risk?

I watched parts of a few live streams. I love Disney. Little kids were touching EVERYTHING. Adults were leaning on things and touching them, probably without realizing, and then touching their masks. I don't blame them, really. It's hot standing outside in line in the Florida heat. 

Very little Purell use or hand washing. It was not required. In some of the merchandise areas, people bunched up and did not social distance. Also I guess at one point it rained and everyone all bunched up and huddled together in different places to escape the rain. I feel bad for the cast members.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

My first cousin and his wife are headed down there come September.  

Yes, he belongs to my opposing political group, but he is one of my favorite cousins.  I hope he and his wife do well.   No illness, etc.

Honored Contributor

Japan has banned screaming on the roller coasters:/