Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@CJC wrote:
I live near Disney, so our local news is full of the opening news. Today I watched in amazement as visitors in wheelchairs and parents with strollers entered park as if they had not a care in the world. People screaming in the rides, throwing those cute little droplets everywhere. Have Americans lost their minds? Are they blind to what is happening down here in FL? Is it vacation at any cost, at any risk?

I watched parts of a few live streams. I love Disney. Little kids were touching EVERYTHING. Adults were leaning on things and touching them, probably without realizing, and then touching their masks. I don't blame them, really. It's hot standing outside in line in the Florida heat. 

Very little Purell use or hand washing. It was not required. In some of the merchandise areas, people bunched up and did not social distance. Also I guess at one point it rained and everyone all bunched up and huddled together in different places to escape the rain. I feel bad for the cast members.

@Porcelain 

@CJC 

It must be hot there.  Were people wearing masks or face coverings?   Wearing a mask or face covering is mandatory in Florida, correct?

"Staying home to stay safe."

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Honored Contributor

my sister is going, along with my two adult children and new son in law.

will let you know all the details when they get back.

they are scheduled for the second week of august.

no way i would go to florida in august..... mostly because of the HEAT and HUMIDITY.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@CJC Disneyland in CA is delaying it's reopening.  Maybe the Disney Co doesn't think Orlando is a hot spot?  It doesn't make any sense.  

I live in Arizona, worst in the world for COVID, and our governor won't close down the restaurants for eating inside. Your governor must be have blinders on like ours does.

Trusted Contributor

@maximillion wrote:

If people are wearing masks on the rides, then it shouldn't matter if they scream or not.

Are they sanitising the rides between groups of people?

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Florida is doing so well now, virus under control, no worries about these carefree vacationers bringing the virus back to their hometowns.

What a fun summer!

I am assuming you are being sarcastic.

Trusted Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@1Snickers I heard that said about a small poor pocket of the Bronx only.

The point of what I read is that the richer people would be more susceptible during the next wave.

This virus does not care how old you are or how much money you have. Why would rich people be more susceptible?

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:
I live near Disney, so our local news is full of the opening news. Today I watched in amazement as visitors in wheelchairs and parents with strollers entered park as if they had not a care in the world. People screaming in the rides, throwing those cute little droplets everywhere. Have Americans lost their minds? Are they blind to what is happening down here in FL? Is it vacation at any cost, at any risk?

You can't fix stupid.

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@CJC wrote:

I watched parts of a few live streams. I love Disney. Little kids were touching EVERYTHING. Adults were leaning on things and touching them, probably without realizing, and then touching their masks. I don't blame them, really. It's hot standing outside in line in the Florida heat. 

Very little Purell use or hand washing. It was not required. In some of the merchandise areas, people bunched up and did not social distance. Also I guess at one point it rained and everyone all bunched up and huddled together in different places to escape the rain. I feel bad for the cast members.

@Porcelain 

@CJC 

It must be hot there.  Were people wearing masks or face coverings?   Wearing a mask or face covering is mandatory in Florida, correct?

"Staying home to stay safe."

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Wearing a mask is not mandatory in the state of Florida. It is mandatory at Disney for everyone age 2 up. Can't imagine trying to keep a mask on a toddler in our heat and humidity. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Disney, what the??

[ Edited ]

@maximillion wrote:

If people are wearing masks on the rides, then it shouldn't matter if they scream or not.

@maximillion  Oh yes it absolutely matters and it matters a lot!  Firstly masks do not prevent covid droplets from escaping 100%  Secondly have you not seen the laser images of how droplets are expelled from the nose and mouth wearing different types of masks?  And also the difference in how droplets are expelled while talking normally, talking loudly, and then yelling?  Not to mention the down wind effect of the people behind you.  smh

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

I know the churches are suffering dearly financially I continue to support my church and listen to the online services weekly but I am concerned about how this is going to work going forward and those mega churches with thousands of members!