Honored Contributor

Re: Disney World & other FLA theme parks closing

Glad to read of this update.  Last I heard yesterday..they were remaining open, and I thought, why?  Let the workers go be safe........So I'm glad they came to their senses.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Glad to read of this update.  Last I heard yesterday..they were remaining open, and I thought, why?  Let the workers go be safe........So I'm glad they came to their senses.

My daughter works for a major chain of restaurants, not in Florida, she said that even though the PTB made the decision to close many of the restaurants they really weren't all that happy about it because of the loss of business.....guess they didn't consider the lawsuits that would result from an an employee losing their life.

Respected Contributor

Hi everybody....our local news was reporting that the parks are closed, but there are tourists who can't get out. They aren't taking any extra people now, but it was reported the hotels can withstand Cat 5 winds. Restaurants will remain open. 

I am pretty sure Disney is allowing employees or "cast members" as they call them to shelter there....honestly, I wish I was there!

We went there about two weeks after Charley-had to get away from destruction. They got hit, but almost all signs of damage was totally gone.

It's an amazing place....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There were some really strange posts on Disney FB pages.

Someone wanted to know if they bring caharcters to the resorts to entertain kids during hurricanes.

Someone else wanted to know if they give free food during hurricanes...especially Mickey ice cream bars and Dole Whip.

A family had their plane cancelled, so they were going to DRIVE from New England to arrive on Saturday night. They thought it would be fun to experience Disney in a storm!!!