Honored Contributor

Disney Characters Delight Deaf boy! Heartwarming!

The heartwarming moment characters at Disneyland used sign language to communicate with a two-year-old deaf boy was caught on video. 

During a recent trip to the popular theme park in Los Angeles, children with Olive Crest, a nonprofit that provides safe homes, counseling, and education for abused, neglected, and at-risk children, had the chance to meet Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. 

Officials with the group arranged a very special moment for the deaf toddler, and his adopted family made sure they had an ASL translator present. 

A video shared by Olive Crest of the little boy, who has not been named publicly, shows him using sign language first to communicate with Pluto.

The popular character responds to the little boy before Minnie and Mickey join in to communicate with him using sign language.

The two-year-old boy then goes in to hug Minnie, who gave him a gentle kiss on the head while embracing him with open arms. 

Moments later, Mickey could be seen opening his arms wide to hug the little boy. 

'The child was ecstatic after meeting the characters because he didn't know they would speak 'his language,'' an official from Olive Crest told ABC

Video and more of the story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4615430/Moment-Disney-characters-use-sign-language-deaf-chil...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disney Characters Delight Deaf boy! Heartwarming!

@KingstonsMom This brought tears to my eyes.  That sweet little child.......so happy that the characters know sign language!  Thanks for sharing.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I got teary too!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom ~ Aw, and thanks!  Got my "sweet" for the day😊

Esteemed Contributor

Count me as getting teary eyed, that sweet child, the hugs say it all!