Respected Contributor

Re: Dishwasher Recommendations?

I bought a Bosch last year and it's my favorite dishwasher ever. Last one was a GE and, after getting it repaired three times in three years, my repairman told me to consider not purchasing GE appliances because they weren't like they used to be. I'd say to choose one that repairmen in your area are familiar with repairing. They may even recommend one. Samsung is the brand our home stores sell mostly and also the one that I've had four repairmen for different appliances recommend that I NOT purchase. Good luck but I would stick with Bosch.

Respected Contributor

I seem to be in the minority in that the Bosch dishwasher that was in my condo when I bought it never worked well and when it quit draining the repairman advised to just get a new dishwasher.  He said all dishwashers are cheaply made these days (probably why it's the ONLY appliance my appliance warranty won't cover) and advised I buy a Whirlpool since they are manufactured in my state (MI) and it would be easier to replace parts.  That's what I did and my Whirlpool has been great, and is the quietest dishwasher I've ever owned. 

Trusted Contributor

THANK YOU to everyone for your replies.  I appreciate so much the time you took to respond.  

I plan to go dishwasher shopping today and will buy another Bosch, hope they have them in stock.  I just hate hand-washing dishes and can't wait to get a new dishwasher.

THANKS AGAIN!

Respected Contributor

Always good to get lots of peoples input Smiley Happy Great choice 

Respected Contributor

@queendiva 

What dud you get to replace washer and dryer? I know that is coming in the not too distant future.