Honored Contributor

i always use rubber gloves and use the original blue dawn.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I could be wrong about this, @goldensrbest, but Dawn is made by Proctor and Gamble and  I know they have been guilty of animal testing in the past.  I Googled it and sorry, I couldn't get past the pictures.  HORRIBLE! 

Hopefully they have given up this barbaric practice. 

FYI

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I love dawn ,but it dries my hands out, any one  use one that is more natural,that cleans well?

@goldensrbest  Costco Kirkland brand dish washing soap.  Comes in a huge friggin container....but so GREAT!  Nothing bad for the environment, gentle and cleans really well.  Costs about $7.95 for the container....lasts forever.  I refill my old smaller dawn bottles.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dish washing soap

[ Edited ]

I like Palmolive green and buy it in a big bottle at Costco...I fill a small sample bottle to keep by the sink and refill as needed. It doesn't bother my hands and it is better on grease than Dawn. I also keep a tube of hand cream by the sink and put it on my hands after washing any dishes....the dishwasher does most of mine.

Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I use Seventh Generation Free & Clear. No fragrance and says natural.

@ Montana  Good product.  ECO is another one. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest

I use and love Mrs. Myers dishwashing liquid, as well as other cleaning products by Mrs. Myers.  Some I use regularly, some I haven't been pleased with.  The dishwashing liquid is amazing. I've never had cleaner glasses and it cleans coffee stains out of cups and the coffeepot. 

You can wipe the top of your stove and your finger will squeak when you run it over it.  It cleans grease just that good, and it shines in the process. 

You get free shipping with a $35 order and it comes securely packaged and fast.  The scents are wonderful so I always order a variety so I won't get tired of any one scent.  My favorite though is the clove. 

I want to add, that it is the most gentle product I've ever used to wash dishes in spite of it's cleaning ability. 

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I love dawn ,but it dries my hands out, any one  use one that is more natural,that cleans well?

This one doesn't state that it is 'natural' but I find it to be mild on my hands:

Palmolive Ultra Soft Touch Dish Soap, Almond Milk and Blueberry - 32.5 fl oz

Esteemed Contributor

I've used many different brands. Right now, I'm using Dawn. I use one drop --- as it's concentrated. Also, with my liquid HE laundry detergents, I use less than a teaspoon for a big load.

I'm 77 yrs young and my hands are baby soft.

Honored Contributor

I use Dawn, original formula. No dry hands.

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@goldensrbest

I use and love Mrs. Myers dishwashing liquid, as well as other cleaning products by Mrs. Myers.  Some I use regularly, some I haven't been pleased with.  The dishwashing liquid is amazing. I've never had cleaner glasses and it cleans coffee stains out of cups and the coffeepot. 

You can wipe the top of your stove and your finger will squeak when you run it over it.  It cleans grease just that good, and it shines in the process. 

You get free shipping with a $35 order and it comes securely packaged and fast.  The scents are wonderful so I always order a variety so I won't get tired of any one scent.  My favorite though is the clove. 

I want to add, that it is the most gentle product I've ever used to wash dishes in spite of it's cleaning ability. 

Where do you order it from. @Georgiagrama.  I think I recall seeing this at the grocery store??  It sounds like a winner to me if it does what you say. Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!