Trusted Contributor

Re: Dish dispute.....lost most of what I watch

@Marp  I have dish and lost our local stations that were cbs,nbc and fox and some others for about 9 months. It has happened before. Wewere without nbc for about a year and a half.  No quick resolve for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

We just signed a two year contract with dish and they lost local channels that I watch.  I have lost about 15-20 shows that I watch.

I am beyond frustrated.   ABC, NBC, CBS.......I called dish and told to call owner Tegna...Called Tegna and told to call dish....

! feel so sorry for people that live in rural areas that have no other options except DISH or Direct TV...it seems like theres always a message scrolling across theTV screen alerting Dish or Direct TV subscribers that yet another channel is going away and to call Dish/Direct TV to "save a channel"  .....and then they add---- this notification does not effect those with cable or streaming subscriptions......Yep, its Dish/Direct TV doing its regular thing.... SMH! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I had Direct TV....I would never sign another 2 year contract with anyone again...

I was so happy to get rid of it..

@Nataliesgramma 

I think the only way Direct TV continues to exist is due to the act that they are the only ones that can offer the NFL Sunday Ticket....for fans that like an out of state team...and its the only way they can watch them....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

You seem to have internet or you couldn't post.  YouTubetv streaming is 65 a month and you will get every channel you could want.  Check out their lineup.  No contract 

Contributor

I had dish forever until I moved. I now have Mediacom. Dish would fight with different networks all the time. I absolutely cannot believe that you've never been without certain stations.  If so, Lucky you.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine a channel or show that's not available through the internet.   Most of these cable channels know they are losing customers, not because of their content but because the cable companies manipulation and high prices.

If you were to "cut the cord" you would be surprised what you can find on the internet.  Much of which for free

You would have to  upgrade to a smart TV, which is not a big deal.  

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'll check with some knowledgeable neighbors, but most of them are as clueless as I am.  I thought anti-trust laws were created to keep companies from pulling strongman tactics.  They don't seem to be working.

For whatever reason anti-trust laws are not being enforced across the board. Only 10 companies control the world's food supply. They can manipulate prices, availability, and markets on a whim. Although I know there are legitimate shortages and supply issues, these companies are using the current situation to increase their profits since they essentially have no real competition. The same holds true in fashion and beauty products. Google the lists of the name brands and see how few companies control them.

The entertainment world is changing so quickly it makes my head spin. Monopolies are being established at record pace to control the content and distribution sector. Corporate greed is at fault for much of the issues we face today whether it is TV reception or medical care or you name it.

I hope your Dish problems get resolved. If your internet will support streaming perhaps that can provide your missing service. 

Honored Contributor

My CBS station is owned by Tegna so it's gone.  We've had all our networks go off air at one time or another.  Some were gone for months.  Our NBC and FOX stations are owned by the same company, so they were both gone at the same time.  FOX was actually gone longer since it also had some sort of ownership with yet another company that was having a fight with Dish too.

One of the reasons many have turned to streaming.

Respected Contributor

I used to have Dish for many years but have changed to cable.   I did lose channels when I had Dish due to disputes between Dish and that particular channel.  After several weeks of not having that channel I called Dish and was able to get a discount on my monthly bill for a couple months. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I used to have Dish for many years but have changed to cable.   I did lose channels when I had Dish due to disputes between Dish and that particular channel.  After several weeks of not having that channel I called Dish and was able to get a discount on my monthly bill for a couple months. 

This just happened last Wednesday and when I tried to call Dish, they said it would be an hour wait.  I will try again and maybe they will negotiate my bill.  That way I will pay a lower amount for not being able to see the shows I watch.  When we have to replace our TVs we will get smart TVs.  I think I just get so sick of constantly trying to figure things out.