Super Contributor

Discovery Channel Show "Dual Survival" (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This thread WILL have spoilers, so don't read if you don't want to know.

I have always been a fan of the Discovery show "Dual Survival". I always enjoyed the two different ways of surviving being lost in the wild.

There was the hippie, Cody, who wore shorts no matter the weather, and was always barefoot. And there was the militaristic way of surviving with Dave at first, then Joe who replaced him.

For those who have been following the show, Joe, the military guy, and Cody, have been butting heads on various episodes.

I think it came to a head when they had a fight in Norway, where it was the dead of winter, and Joe picked a spot to hunker down for the night, and Cody, wanted to keep going.

Here is the spoiler. Don't read if you don't want to know.

Cody is OUT!

He was fired by Discovery over "differences of safety and health concerns".

Cody wrote on his facebook page, "Dear Campers,

Unfortunately, I have been fired by Discovery Channel for differences over safety and health concerns on the show and will no longer be a part of Dual Survival.

Although I'll miss elements of the show, what I'll miss the most are my fans and the opportunity to teach - on a global level - life saving skills, indigenous culture, and values of integrity and respect towards our natural world.

I have received numerous letters from viewers. Many are from kids, or their parents or grandparents, describing in detail how the show has changed their lives.

So, I guess if I want to see Cody again, I could spend $700 and take one of his survival courses!

Um, no. I have no desire to eat grubs! *lol*

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

Re: Discovery Channel Show ""Dual Survival"" (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I accidentally hit "Submit" before I was ready.

Cody goes on to say on his facebook page,

"It has brought families together, inspired kids to go outdoors, and motivated moms and dads around the world to take that family camping trip many for the first time. If I can use a TV show to encourage people to turn off TV, and turn on nature, I have done my job.

Thank-you all very much for your support over the years. Be safe and prepared, and maybe I'll train with you in the woods some day!

Stay Classy!

Cody Lundin

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

I guess no one watches this show?

Honored Contributor

I'm glad they fired Cody. I know he was why a lot of people watched the show but who in their right minds would go to a place with sub-freezing temperatures wearing short pants and socks? I'd like to see Joe team up with Dave.