Valued Contributor

Does anyone have one and if so how is the company?

I have NEVER had a major credit card because I didn't want debt but thought I should get ONE in case of emergency...

I do have a care credit for my babies and would like to transfer..If they accept me and the transfer will I have to pay Oct. or will discover pay right away?

THANKS in advance for any info/advice...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

hi JMM, hope you are doing well!

i JUST got one about 3 months ago and so far so good. there are some retailers though that DONT take discover.....it isnt as popular as a mc/visa/amex.

i dont know the other answers to your questions because i did not transfer any debt when i opened the account. not even sure what a "care credit" is.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
We've had a Discover card for several years. It's our primary credit card. They pay good points. They also have a quarterly program where they pay 5% back on certain categories. This quarter it's been gas. Next quarter is online purchases. You can also save 5% and up by going through your online Discover account and shop certain retailers- QVC and many, many others. We had a problem last year with someone skimming our number from a gas pump and it resulted in two unauthorized purchases. I called them and they cancelled our Card and issued a new one immediately. Of course, we weren't responsible for the charges.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor
On 9/26/2014 sunshine45 said:

hi JMM, hope you are doing well!

i JUST got one about 3 months ago and so far so good. there are some retailers though that DONT take discover.....it isnt as popular as a mc/visa/amex.

i dont know the other answers to your questions because i did not transfer any debt when i opened the account. not even sure what a "care credit" is.

Thank you, Sunshine...

they have GREAT reviews...

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Valued Contributor
On 9/26/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: We've had a Discover card for several years. It's our primary credit card. They pay good points. They also have a quarterly program where they pay 5% back on certain categories. This quarter it's been gas. Next quarter is online purchases. You can also save 5% and up by going through your online Discover account and shop certain retailers- QVC and many, many others. We had a problem last year with someone skimming our number from a gas pump and it resulted in two unauthorized purchases. I called them and they cancelled our Card and issued a new one immediately. Of course, we weren't responsible for the charges.

That is AWESOME!

I was JUST reading a bunch of reviews..

I may go ahead and apply... I keep getting the notices in the mail and TODAY something told me that maybe I should get one...

Thank you, Gidget!!

Valued Contributor

..It should say I didn't want that TYPE of debt..

and a card seems like it would be too easy to pull out if I didn't have cash on me...

I still have my mortgages...

Honored Contributor
On 9/26/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: We've had a Discover card for several years. It's our primary credit card. They pay good points. They also have a quarterly program where they pay 5% back on certain categories. This quarter it's been gas. Next quarter is online purchases. You can also save 5% and up by going through your online Discover account and shop certain retailers- QVC and many, many others. We had a problem last year with someone skimming our number from a gas pump and it resulted in two unauthorized purchases. I called them and they cancelled our Card and issued a new one immediately. Of course, we weren't responsible for the charges.

Hi, Melissa!

I agree with gidget's post. I've used Discover as my primary credit card for a very long time, and I prefer it leaps and bounds over the Visa I have as a backup. (Yes, there are still a few retailers and utilities who don't accept Discover, but the list has been growing shorter and shorter.) I love their cashback programs, their customer service is absolutely top notch and they have an excellent system which monitors accounts for unusual charges. You can check the JD Power yearly ratings and see that they've continued to be at the top of the list.

I'm not sure about the transfer, but a call to DiscoverCard will probably provide that answer.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

If you do a lot of international traveling, the Discover Card is not accepted everywhere.

Valued Contributor

dooBdoo and SoftRaindrops...THANK YOU!

I applied... WOO HOO!

Respected Contributor
On 9/26/2014 JustMeMelissa said:

dooBdoo and SoftRaindrops...THANK YOU!

I applied... WOO HOO!

Good luck!