Honored Contributor

I just looked........I like #39 Paradis, 07 Chalys, 76 Sari Dore (all corals, I believe) .... I just might take a look in person at Nordie's.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I think they are $32 and mine is lasting over two years and it is all I wear but I dig down to the very bottom and there is so much left. It is a beautiful shade I wear Camile..........and changes color with different lips glosses. Only one lipstick that is a great buy. My buying style is I would rather have one of something I love paying $32 than 6 or 7 paying $6.

Super Contributor
On 10/5/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

I think they are $32 and mine is lasting over two years and it is all I wear but I dig down to the very bottom and there is so much left. It is a beautiful shade I wear Camile..........and changes color with different lips glosses. Only one lipstick that is a great buy. My buying style is I would rather have one of something I love paying $32 than 6 or 7 paying $6.

You do not coordinate your lipstick with what you are wearing, the event and the time of day?

I could not wear the same shade. My day time shades are more neutral. If I am dressing up for a night time event, my make-up is more dramatic.

If you watch Project Runway you see how important the shade of lipstick is.

Trusted Contributor

I have to go with RRR on this one. While I do not wear lipstick, I would rather spend my money on quality rather than quantity.

Super Contributor
I like the YSL glosses.
Valued Contributor
On 10/5/2014 KYToby said:

I have to go with RRR on this one. While I do not wear lipstick, I would rather spend my money on quality rather than quantity.

me too.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 ivanatrump said:

You do not coordinate your lipstick with what you are wearing, the event and the time of day?

I could not wear the same shade. My day time shades are more neutral. If I am dressing up for a night time event, my make-up is more dramatic.

I can't imagine coordinating my lipstick to event, time of day, etc. The right shade of lipstick is not the least bit important in my life. I wear only Clinique's Black Honey, when I bother with it at all. I'm with RRR on this. I'd rather pay the $ and buy the one I really love than buy several at a cheaper price. Project Runway can go ahead and gasp at my admission now. LOL.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I've been using the same shades (more or less) of corals for the past couple of years. (After wearing an orangy-coral many years ago in high school.) So, buying one expensive brand in a shade that I 'really, really like' would be just fine with me. I've been mixing/layering several colors together to get the right color.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
On 10/5/2014 ivanatrump said:

I was an expert on beauty with my own tv segment and I can tell you I wear colors that match this lipstick.......I wear whites, navy, black, yellow, green, pink, rose.........that is the colors I wear oh and Ivory.......so it goes with all those colors..........I know lipstick.........enough for my tastes........if I could I would have every color but I selected a color that I can wear all year and with the wardrobe colors I have.

Super Contributor

when Chanel died she had two Chanel suits in her closet..........that was all she had for dress up.............my friends have many lipsticks and added up cost over my $32...........so each their own.