Super Contributor

Also for makeup and color being soft or dramatic.........it depends on where you are going and it depends on if the dress is casual or dressy..........I only dress casual now. I am also probably older than you but when I was younger and working I would have daytime makeup and evening makeup.....now I wear less and look nice.

Super Contributor
On 10/5/2014 ROMARY said:

I've been using the same shades (more or less) of corals for the past couple of years. (After wearing an orangy-coral many years ago in high school.) So, buying one expensive brand in a shade that I 'really, really like' would be just fine with me. I've been mixing/layering several colors together to get the right color.

Hello Yellow Rose, and when I see yellow roses I think of you ROMARY. I used to wear only one color of Chanel back in the day and it was a coral pinkish and it was called RICH CORAL..........that was the most beautiful color and they took it away and brought it back and I tried it on and it did not look as good on me......but that was one fabulous color of lipstick. there used to be and may still be a company that will take the discontinued lipstick and make you an exact new one..........but I can always find one I like.

Super Contributor
On 10/5/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:
On 10/5/2014 ivanatrump said:

I think they are $32 and mine is lasting over two years and it is all I wear but I dig down to the very bottom and there is so much left. It is a beautiful shade I wear Camile..........and changes color with different lips glosses. Only one lipstick that is a great buy. My buying style is I would rather have one of something I love paying $32 than 6 or 7 paying $6.

You do not coordinate your lipstick with what you are wearing, the event and the time of day?

I could not wear the same shade. My day time shades are more neutral. If I am dressing up for a night time event, my make-up is more dramatic.

If you watch Project Runway you see how important the shade of lipstick is.

I was an expert on beauty with my own tv segment and I can tell you I wear colors that match this lipstick.......I wear whites, navy, black, yellow, green, pink, rose.........that is the colors I wear oh and Ivory.......so it goes with all those colors..........I know lipstick.........enough for my tastes........if I could I would have every color but I selected a color that I can wear all year and with the wardrobe colors I have.

Wow, I'm impressed. You are a TV personality. Were you on the local affiliate of one of the big 3 or 4 networks? I had no idea you were a beauty expert.

Super Contributor

I think they are $32 and mine is lasting over two years and it is all I wear but I dig down to the very bottom and there is so much left. It is a beautiful shade I wear Camile..........and changes color with different lips glosses. Only one lipstick that is a great buy. My buying style is I would rather have one of something I love paying $32 than 6 or 7 paying $6.

You do not coordinate your lipstick with what you are wearing, the event and the time of day?

I could not wear the same shade. My day time shades are more neutral. If I am dressing up for a night time event, my make-up is more dramatic.

I was an expert on beauty with my own tv segment and I can tell you I wear colors that match this lipstick.......I wear whites, navy, black, yellow, green, pink, rose.........that is the colors I wear oh and Ivory.......so it goes with all those colors..........I know lipstick.........enough for my tastes........if I could I would have every color but I selected a color that I can wear all year and with the wardrobe colors I have.

You had your own tv segment? That's impressive. What was it called, if you don't mind me asking?

Super Contributor

QVC??

Super Contributor

Wow, I'm impressed. You are a TV personality. Were you on the local affiliate of one of the big 3 or 4 networks? I had no idea you were a beauty expert.

CBS and Fox affiliate.............left it in 2000

Super Contributor

I am going to make sure I am not online with the name of my show.......if I don't find it I will tell you.

Super Contributor

It was on the latest beauty and fashion and the best part I think was Double Duty........what we can do with things in our home on us.......or things in the home that works on many things........ I got the most mail on that.....some beauty questions........Also how to dress classic and tips on beauty and how to care for your shoes, clothing etc............whatever my mood was in to teach others.

Super Contributor

Oh

Maybe one day I will do it again but if I do I will be on a Christian station.

Respected Contributor
On 10/5/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

I can't imagine coordinating my lipstick to event, time of day, etc. The right shade of lipstick is not the least bit important in my life. I wear only Clinique's Black Honey, when I bother with it at all. I'm with RRR on this. I'd rather pay the $ and buy the one I really love than buy several at a cheaper price. Project Runway can go ahead and gasp at my admission now. LOL.

Same here.

I've simplified as I've gotten older, and I'm now down to three lipsticks: a shimmery (rather than frosted) perfect pink (DH likes what he refers to as "the pinkies"{#emotions_dlg.wub}), and a wonderful shade I call my "party shade"-- hard to describe but it's reddish and has gold glints in it. I also have a discontinued creamy brownish-pink, which I only occasionally wear.

And, BTW, they're cheap. Really cheap. And they wear very well.

What worries you masters you.