Honored Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

@Zaimee @Carmie 

Is the distribution being done by last name, that makes some sense and since our last name beings with B I hope we are close to the start but who knows

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy  Congratulations.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox 

You may be first but I may be last...Z.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

A good investment in our infrastructure to pay it forward with a tiny portion of your stimulus:

Buy Forever Stamps from the Stamps or USPS website and help save the Post Office we all rely on. Just google Forever Stamps USPS.

The Post Office is really in trouble, exacerbated by this virus. But if everyone buys a book or reel of Forever Stamps, we can help keep the Post Office solvent ourselves. Without Postal Service, people in rural areas will be left without access. Buying stamps is an easy way to show your support for our mail carriers.

USPS has been fiscally unsound for decades imo.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Goldenmoher wrote:

@jackthebear @This money is not taxable.

Refer to this post when your Medicare premiums increase, your retirement doesn't get an annual COLA, you are hit with a gasoline tax, what you owe IRS is larger than this year, there's a new surcharge for your license plates and on and on.

The free $1200 will cost a lot more. Eventually.

@Snowpuppy 

Well, my neighbor has completed his 2019 taxes but has not filed because .........   this time he OWES the government $1200!   

Valued Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't understand why people who are still working are getting these payments.

I also don't understand why people like me (retired) are getting them.  

The organization I work for laid off around a 1000 people. If you were fortunate and not laid off, and were a salaried employee, you had your salary cut by a percentage. That's the boat I am in. 

That stimulus check will help to make up part of the shortfall in salary for the next three months. 

I would like to be spending mine on purchases, but I won't be able to. It's ok though. I am grateful to receive it.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

My sister and her boyfriend filed early. My sister got her check yesterday (her last name starts with an S), but her boyfriend (whose last name starts with a D) is still waiting.

He'll get it soon, I'm sure.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Goldenmoher wrote:

@jackthebear @This money is not taxable.

Refer to this post when your Medicare premiums increase, your retirement doesn't get an annual COLA, you are hit with a gasoline tax, what you owe IRS is larger than this year, there's a new surcharge for your license plates and on and on.

The free $1200 will cost a lot more. Eventually.

@Snowpuppy 

Well, my neighbor has completed his 2019 taxes but has not filed because .........   this time he OWES the government $1200!   

@Tinkrbl44  He will still get the stimulus money even if he OWES taxes. The ONLY way he wouldn't qualify is if he owes child support, otherwise he will still receive his stimulus money. Hope this helps!

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't understand why people who are still working are getting these payments.

@Lipstickdiva  Seriously? So, you don't think essential workers should be entitled to the stimulus money? Wow. I heard they were talking about giving a separate stimulus/bonus check to those who ARE working and have continued to work to keep the U.S. going thru this COVID-19 pandemic!! I pray it goes through, b/c ALL of our essential employees DESERVE it! 

I'm not sure how anyone could/would be against that. Sorry. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

It's always a good idea to include everyone when it comes to stimulus payments. Those who find themselves unemployed due to the pandemic and through no fault of their own, are getting a stimulus check in addition to a weekly unemployment check and a weekly $600 FPUC check.

Those still employed and those who are retired will receive a stimulus check--why wouldn't they? In addition to many states now providing "hazard pay" to essential employees, there's also a proposal that an up-to $25,000 bonus be paid to those same essential workers--from health care workers to truck drivers and grocery store employees.

People have been affected in different ways due to this pandemic, and it's only right that they all be included in targeted compensation initiatives.

What worries you masters you.