Respected Contributor

Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

i believe they were expected Wednesday - but they are starting to hit now ahead of schedule according to news. 

if you paid taxes and IRS doesn't have direct deposit info for you from 2018/2019, go to irs.gov mid-April when information can then be loaded in for direct deposit payment.  but it is not available yet, probably 4/15.   

fyi.

Honored Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

Remember to spend this money in your community and support your local businesses!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

My Aunt and I are thinking of giving ours to our niece and nephew who are out of work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whoa! I just checked my checking account and the money is showing as pending.  That means it was sent.  I just have to wait until it clears.  The deposit date is listed as April 15.

Honored Contributor

Is there a published chart as to how the checks will be deposited, I know it is not random

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

My Aunt and I are thinking of giving ours to our niece and nephew who are out of work.

That is a beautiful thought. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox    suggest you go to irs.gov and click on economic impact payments for more info.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional 

Not the info I am looking for, there has to be a schedule of payments, I want to know when I should look for the payment. There has to be a plan somewhere 

@ms traditional wrote:

@I am still oxox    suggest you go to irs.gov and click on economic impact payments for more info.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

still think putting it in the bank is the way to go for when gov is looking for recompense for this next year. or if you give it away plan on how you will pay the tax on it 

"one hand gives, the other takes" and all that 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if there is a published timetable @I am still oxox 

Does this information help?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/09/stimulus-check-dates/#735e17f0588c

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/07/stimulus-checks-coronavirus/#508c674227f6

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise