Respected Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

[ Edited ]

Getting back to THIS stimulus check (because those who insist on getting political by discussing the last one, are getting it wrong), it's not only a matter of "giving the IRS your direct deposit info." Yes, if filers have requested that refunds for 2019 (or 2018) be direct-deposited, that will suffice for the direct deposit of this stimulus check. If they did not request DD, then they can give that info to the IRS.

HOWEVER, Social Security recipients who receive their benefits via direct deposit, don't need to "notify the IRS" of anything; their stimulus check will be deposited directly into their bank accounts, even if they're not required to file a tax return.

Also, it's clear that some posters have forgotten that those adults who've lost their jobs and who apply for unemployment benefits will be receiving:

1) A stimulus check
2) Their WEEKLY state unemployment check
3) A WEEKLY $600 federal check (administered by the states) pursuant to the CARES Act, from March 29 through July 25 (retroactive).

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't gotten mine yet.  Not sure when.  I  just know the direct deposit is the way it will reach me since my refund this year came that way.  I am thinking of which one of my daughters might need it the most.  But I don't want to make the offer until I actually get it.  Two have no need the other two- it is a toss up.  

Trusted Contributor

Glad we filed our taxes early this year!

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Haven't gotten mine yet.  Not sure when.  I  just know the direct deposit is the way it will reach me since my refund this year came that way.  I am thinking of which one of my daughters might need it the most.  But I don't want to make the offer until I actually get it.  Two have no need the other two- it is a toss up.  

@bonnielu   Why not give half the money to each of your daughters who need it instead of deciding between the two of them?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

• @SuhseK wrote:

Not sure if this has already been posted:

• Checks will be distributed in reverse order based on adjusted gross income. This means that those with lower adjusted gross income will be issued a check first.

No, that's incorrect. One of my very close friends has a pending deposit in her checking account. She is far from having a lower adjusted gross income. In fact, her AGI  is more than the $75,000 maximum per individual to receive the full $1,200. Five dollars per each $100 over the maximum is subtracted from the $1,200. Also, it is not true that people with lower adjusted gross income will receive a check first.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Lining wrote:

• @SuhseK wrote:

• Checks will be distributed in reverse order based on adjusted gross income. This means that those with lower adjusted gross income will be issued a check first.

No, that's incorrect. One of my very close friends has a pending deposit in her checking account. She is far from having a lower adjusted gross income. In fact, her AGI  is more than the $75,000 maximum per individual to receive the full $1,200. Five dollars per each $100 over the maximum is subtracted from the $1,200. Also, it is not true that people with lower adjusted gross income will receive a check first.

We received our checks today.  The credit union always deposits checks for us -- no pending checks.  

"The Treasury Department said the first payments, to Americans who received their 2018 and 2019 tax returns via direct deposit, will be going out no later than April 15."

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

• @SuhseK wrote:

We received our checks today.  The credit union always deposits checks for us -- no pending checks.  

"The Treasury Department said the first payments, to Americans who received their 2018 and 2019 tax returns via direct deposit, will be going out no later than April 15."

She has direct deposit, too. I guess this credit union received the deposit over the weekend  and it will be available on Wednesday. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't understand why people who are still working are getting these payments.

That's because it's meant to be a stimulus check, sent out to everyone who meets the income requirements for it. 

You can read more about it at irs.gov.

It is not connected to anyone's career/job, per se. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Whoa! I just checked my checking account and the money is showing as pending.  That means it was sent.  I just have to wait until it clears.  The deposit date is listed as April 15.

@Carmie ...Hi Carmie...What letter does your last name start with, are they coming in alphabetically?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

A good investment in our infrastructure to pay it forward with a tiny portion of your stimulus:

Buy Forever Stamps from the Stamps or USPS website and help save the Post Office we all rely on. Just google Forever Stamps USPS.

The Post Office is really in trouble, exacerbated by this virus. But if everyone buys a book or reel of Forever Stamps, we can help keep the Post Office solvent ourselves. Without Postal Service, people in rural areas will be left without access. Buying stamps is an easy way to show your support for our mail carriers.

@Porcelain  Great idea! I buy a lot of stamps...I mail a lot of letters everyday.