Honored Contributor

I hope Dillard’s doesn’t close here. My favorite lines are Nygard, Westbound and Investments.

I remember when Dillard’s was Brown Dunkin. No malls. Sounds like everything is going back to the ‘60s.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I hope Dillard’s doesn’t close here. My favorite lines are Nygard, Westbound and Investments.

I remember when Dillard’s was Brown Dunkin. No malls. Sounds like everything is going back to the ‘60s.

@OKPrincess.....those 3 were very good when I worked there......  Also, there was Pendleton, Liz Clairborne, and Ralph Lauren.  Westbound reminded me of what D&C is here on the Q.  Always fit well, color fast, and very little to no ironing needed.  Was always very happy when there was a big sale.....got my 25% discount, plus the sale price.  Did have a very nice wardrobe from them.  

Also liked their pajamas, robes, and underwear.  In the pajamas, I really liked the SleepSense knits.  They sold the pants and tops separately.  Believe it or not, I still have a couple of the SleepSense knit PJ pants....but they are now too big on me.  Am holding on to them because they are EL and if I would gain back enough weight, I could still wear them.  That is where I was introduced to Carol Hochman sleep wear.  It was very expensive there....much more than on the Q.

Honored Contributor

Alison Daley, is my favorite brand. I got to have her pull on denim slacks.

No buttons and zippers and ge gaws just simple step in and pull up to real waist not half way under your gut. Everybody's big ol' fat stomach now is protruding over their waistband like plumbers.

Honored Contributor

We have two Dillards stores here. Men and Womens, and both are upscale. I am guessing the online shopping trend is really hurting all stores. 

Our Dillards is always well stocked. I have no idea the financial status though. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Alison Daley, is my favorite brand. I got to have her pull on denim slacks.

No buttons and zippers and ge gaws just simple step in and pull up to real waist not half way under your gut. Everybody's big ol' fat stomach now is protruding over their waistband like plumbers.

@SharkE......did own a lot of her things too.  Kept some of the shirts, they are too big, but I wear them around the house now.  Loved her jeans....loved them in white.  None of that line ever faded either.

Respected Contributor

Oh, no!  I hope this store is not going the same way as so many others.  I like Dillards.  Our local mall can't take another store closure.  We lost Sears last year and so many others have closed.  My husband keeps saying, "pretty soon there won't be any stores to go to.  Everything will be on line."  Maybe he's right?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dillards Closing

[ Edited ]

I love shopping at Dillards its one of my go to stores for clothes shopping.  The stores are neat and clean, a nice variety of styles and price ranges. Quality clothing, helpful sales personnel, great sales !

No Dillards stores are closing in my town.   We have 4stores here, no clearance stores.....

The stores I heard are closing nationally are Macy's.  Even in the swankiest malls the Macy's here are dirty, clothes thrown on the floor, dressing rooms are filthy and personnel are chatting with each other or on their personal phones, or nowhere to be found

Here's a list of the Macy's closures:

• Casper Eastridge, Casper, Wyoming
  • Redmond Town Center, Redmond, Washington
  • Sunnyvale Town Center, Sunnyvale, California
  • Macy's Furniture Gallery, Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles, California
  • Glendale Galleria, Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Swansea, Massachusetts
  • Tysons Galleria, McLean, Virginia
  • Nanuet Mall, Nanuet, New York
  •  
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Dillards Closing

[ Edited ]

for some odd reason it posted a duplicate and I cant delete it

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I never shopped there.  We never had a store, so I never even checked out the wesbsite.  Just as well.  The only department stores I go to is Nordstrom.  I'd die if they closed!!!

Valued Contributor

@redwingsgal The mall is called Southern Park Mall, about 40 miles south of Akron, Ohio.  The mall used to be fantastic but it has lost Sears, Penney's is shaky, and Macy's  has a really low-brow merchandise selection.  In the past 3 years 3 malls is Western Pa have either closed, are in very bad financials , close to bankruptcy.  Century 3 Mall, about 70 miles from used to be a bus trip destination.  It recently gave the few remaining tenants 30 days to get out .  Beaver Valley lost all its anchors.  Shenango Valley is almost boarded up.  I'm guilty of not patronizing the malls like I used to, but I no longer like 2-3 hour round trip drives to get to a nice mall.