Respected Contributor

Re: Difficult to read prices on TV

czz, I agree with  you.  I can't see the small numbers showing the price on the left side of the screen.  I have not been able to read them for some time now.  Very frustrating!

Honored Contributor

@czz

My guess is it is either your eyes, or whatever device you are using to watch QVC. Or, might you have been???

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Been what ? LOL

Respected Contributor

I thought I needed glasses!  I need them to read, but was able to see the television just fine.......until lately.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

It is either to smsll or blurry. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@czz wrote:

Is it my imagination....or has it become more difficult to read the prices of QVC's products on TV.  It seems to me that the explanation of the products used to be crisper.  I'm now having a more difficult time reading the product descriptions and prices.

I don't think it is your imagination.  I think it is because they have the price in blue.  The liquidation channel the the worst.  I can never figure out their prices.  Evine is very clear, so is HSN.  HSN is also in blue but the prices are in big white numbers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Newspaper print, backs of cake mixes, blueberry muffin mix, books, instruction manuals, back of ointments, face creams, OTC pill bottles, coupons exp. date.

When you buy an electric like TV, DVD player/recorder, Roku box, etc. you don't only have to look thru 3-4 different languages to find English, once you find English you have to get out your magnifying glass to read it.

Just getting to be the norm any more. All about saving money. Half the time when you want the manual to something they make you go online and print it out. Cartridges, are pricey, they don't care as long as they don't have to put in the use and care manual.

My sister can't afford a pc, so, she has to have me read off the high points for her .

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

The advantage the Q had over other vendors was that everything was clear, and without going into a store you  had a pretty good idea of what you were ordering.

Now measurements are rarely given, materials are all mentioned quickly, close ups of fabrics etc are rare.

Pricing info is in small font and difficult to read,and most hosts mention easy pays and scoot over the total price. Might as well order from a catalogue or on line.

The Q could still have the advantage if they stuck to what made it a good choice. 

And remember the days when there was only one host and she was nice and quiet and presented the product and the camera stayed on the product, not her face? There was one host I really appreciated. She did jewelry and her name was Barbara. Ha! Like anyone would remember. It was long ago when I first started watching.

Honored Contributor

LOL! My eyes are fine, colors sharp, and my vision good.... and I realize it's difficult to put all needed info on the screen while they are showing something.  However, I'm one who absolutely needs the garment sizing and look for it either on the screen or on-line (which by the way isn't always accurate!)... but the actual measurement determines which size I buy because I'm in between sizes.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I just figured out that it's because the price numbers are in light blue, and  they blend into the medium blue.  From a distance, it's difficult to distinguish the numbers.  I'm thinking that I'll eventually end up with squint lines.  (Never used to 'squint' before.)   I'm hoping that 'they will change the price numbers to a dark navy or black.  I have a large screen TV, and I'm tired of having to get up and take closer looks at the pricing of each item that I'm interested in ordering.  Sometimes I'm just curious, too. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).