New Contributor

Difficult to read prices on TV

Is it my imagination....or has it become more difficult to read the prices of QVC's products on TV.  It seems to me that the explanation of the products used to be crisper.  I'm now having a more difficult time reading the product descriptions and prices.

Respected Contributor

Re: Difficult to read prices on TV

Maybe it's time for an eye exam (?)  I remember many years ago (before my cataracts) thinking that I needed a new TV because the picture wasn't sharp anymore.  I went to the eye doc and got glasses, and guess what?  I saved many dollars on a new TV set!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

No, you are correct !  The prices appear to be getting smaller, (in font only)...it's not your eyes.  Very annoying - but I just change the channel and take it as ''a sign'' that it wasn't meant for me to buy the product anyway ! 

Honored Contributor

I agree, the font sizes have been reduced and are not as large as they once were...  I noticed this a while ago.  And the printing across the bottom of the screen is virtually impossible to read and I have a fairly large HD flat screen.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I go crazy talking to the TV yelling, "Put up the measurements please....stop talking and put up the measurements".

I think they don't have room because they post useless stuff and goodness we have to make sure we see everyone on screen....and listen to them....ugh!

Respected Contributor

Hmmm.  Maybe they are hoping you won't see the price.  Like the previous poster, I hate it when they just yak while I'm sitting there wondering what the heck the item looks like.  If they don't show the whole thing (clasp, underside of jewelry for instance) it makes me crazy.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

The advantage the Q had over other vendors was that everything was clear, and without going into a store you  had a pretty good idea of what you were ordering.

Now measurements are rarely given, materials are all mentioned quickly, close ups of fabrics etc are rare.

Pricing info is in small font and difficult to read,and most hosts mention easy pays and scoot over the total price. Might as well order from a catalogue or on line.

The Q could still have the advantage if they stuck to what made it a good choice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@czz wrote:

Is it my imagination....or has it become more difficult to read the prices of QVC's products on TV.  It seems to me that the explanation of the products used to be crisper.  I'm now having a more difficult time reading the product descriptions and prices.

Its not your imagination-I've noticed that too for awhile.

I also think the dumb easy pay is larger than the total price and the original price is also very hard to read.

I guess thats so we won't see that the "sale" price or"clearance" price or "one day only" or whatever is only sometimes $2-$3 off!

And one host said on Valerie's show-What was the price, and looked at her card-then _What? And how she couldn't believe it was ONLY $42! 

I couldn't believe it either-very overpriced!

I don't know why some of this is in blue and some not-I guess cause I added this. Anyway, getting crankyWoman Frustrated

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I've been thinking/saying the same.  Even guests have asked me what the price is on a particular item that they like.  Maybe Q needs a bolder set of price numbers, possibly in black or dark navy against a light background. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

And all this is happening as my eyesight dims by the year.  There's no way they can get everything onto their screen large enough for me.

As for those measurements -  I'm still with Jeanne Bice -  they're boring.  Besides, they go by too fast for me to use them, so if I'm buying something where I really need details and a comparison from size to size, I turn to the click here measurements