Respected Contributor

Difficult To Read QVC Italicized Text Sections

I've noticed that new QVC product details are now sometimes placed within a rambling paragraph in italicized text. I found the details difficult to find and difficult to read in that format. I googled and learned that italicized sections can be more difficult for readers.

Here's an example from LOGO #499600:

This trend-right top taps into one of this season's most popular looks, with a sun-faded wash and flirty peplum hem. Team it with skinny jeans and ankle-strap heels, and exude cool-girl vibes wherever you go. From LOGO by Lori Goldstein®.

• Features: square neck, peplum hem, sun-faded washlFit: semi-fitted; follows the lines of the body with added wearing easelLength: missy length 27.5" to 29.62"; plus length 30" to 33.5"lContent: body 100% cotton; lower body 55% cotton/45%rayon, exclusive of decorationlCare: machine wash, tumble drylImported

I'd much rather have the details in the regular outline style and not italicized, especially when dimensions of a product or more sizing info is included.

Have you seen any QVC product details listed in an italicized paragraphs? What are your thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Difficult To Read QVC Italicized Text Sections

@Desert Lily - Yes, I have seen the italicized text and prefer the old way the descriptions were listed.

Trusted Contributor

Obviously, those who chose small, close together italics have minimal background in text readability.  Italics are harder for many groups of people to read.  Heaven forbid, someone is reading such text on a phone.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen  or noticed it, as I don't shop much anymore.  But I don't even get the casual use of italicization.    The purpose of doing it with an entire sentence/paragraph/thought is meant ONLY for when you are quoting somebody else.

Every now and then I see that here and I keep trying to figure out who they are quoting because it's not at all clear.