Respected Contributor

Re: Different Thanksgiving this year

We picked up our usual turkey dinner from the Sports Pub. DH and I have made hot turkey sandwiches using turkey breast from the deli and they're really good, especially with cranberries on the side. All the yum and none of the work! 

Respected Contributor

Thanksgiving was quiet and wonderful. We made half a turkey breast from Trader Joe's and made sweet potato souflee, corn pudding, buscuits, cranberry compote and cornbread sausage dressing. The pumpkin pie was a disaster but oh well. My apple cider and pear sangria was as delicious as always.  It was miuch easier without having to cook according to peoples likes and dislikes like who doesn't like onions or mushrooms in their food. 

We had Facetime calls with family members for a toast before the meal. Clicked our glasses to the screen and  told each other how much we loved and appreciated them. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Thanksgiving was no different at my house than any other year, with the exception of not being able to go out shopping Thanksgiving night.  I did miss that.

Respected Contributor

My Thanksgiving day was the same as it has been for the past 15 years. I played 9 holes of golf in the morning, hung out on the beach in the afternoon and when I got hungry, I fixed fresh shrimp and scallops for dinner. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I baked a turkey and I have figured out, I don't really care for turkey. I'd have rather had a couple baked chickens, or a ham.