Respected Contributor

Re: Differences Between Counties.

@CrazyKittyLvr2, I'm in a red zone in Pa., also. I'm thinking we'll be here for awhile as the state hasn't any thing in green yet. I have health issues, so I think even after going to yellow I'll continue with caution.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter Your statements to my posting........sorry, you've messed up my intended words to the point I have no clue what you're saying.

Broke was meant - if a pizza shop can't open soon - it's possible they will not have the funds to open again.

Did not intend to imply = YOU are broke

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  I am watching the noon news and the Gov. and others are going to start deciding what will be needed to go green.

I'm going to see how things go before I get too comfy tooling around.  I am close to 70 and have a couple health issues and am prone to getting bronchitis. I don't think I would fare too well with this virus.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

30 deaths in my central midwest county related to covid19. Daughter lives in New Jersey so she's on my mind throughout the day. Son had a test recently because someone he works closely with was directly exposed. Negative for son and his cohort. Thankfully. 

Wisconsin governor is right. It's the wild, wild west except instead of pointing weapons, we point crooked fingers and use words as bullets. 

I'm growing weary of administration who claims tests are plentiful for the common person. It takes too many phone calls to get a test. Also, for those who claim America has less freedom than communist countries -- yes, I'm seeing this in print from ranting angry folks -- chill out - you're not helping. 

Keeping my blood pressure normal and trusting for better days are ahead. Eventually. 

Different boats -- same, ruthless storm. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

If living on a borderline, within blocks, might as well add both of the two or more counties' statistics together.  

Better to be aware of where in the county a person lives.  If on a borderline, be more careful, as folks wander in and out of county borderlines to do grocery and other shopping. 

Around here, at least. 

Some counties are very separated by open land/miles, I'm guessing.  Folks maybe stay in their own counties.

Wishing all the best of luck and safety. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Well I'll be wearing masks until - - - - freezes over.  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2, I'm pushing 70 also, (how'd that happen) and have COPD, so we're in the same boat. I just looked at the counties here in Pa. moving to yellow on the 22 and I'll still be red.

Honored Contributor

I was going to go out.  Now I'm not.  I'll try agan in June, but I have a feeling it will be like this till next summer.  The virus should be spent by then. 

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  My daughter's job is in one of the counties staying red.  They had a very large numger of cases in that county.  She has been working from home since March 13th or 20th. I can't remember, it's been a long time.

We go yellow on May 22nd. so I think that means retail and manufacuring can open, no salons, gyms or indoor sports.

I think 2020 is going to be a lost year.

My niece lives outside Pittsburgh and daycares are opening Monday.  Of course, masks and social distancing apply. How?  Her 3 yr. old, and no 3 yr. old I ever met,  will keep a mask on all day nor will they stay away from each other.  I don't think she will send them even though it would alllow her to up her hours at work. She is an in home pediatric nurse.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@fthunt  I'm staying home and I'm not broke yet.  I fear there are those who believe I was "nuts" way before COVID arrived.

This is the problem you're not broke so no worries about those who are. I'm not broke either but all around me daily I see many people losing their jobs and businesses. It's hard to see. You can certainly understand how people are suffering and will continue to long after this. I don't have the virus and haven't lost anyone to it but I certainly feel for those who have. 

I regret that my post exposed my "problem".  I didn't mean to come across as insensitive to those who are "broke".

I didn't say it was your problem is said it's the problem. People are having a hard time empathizing when they don't have the same circumstances.