Honored Contributor

Re: Die of a heart attack, have the antibodies, it’s a COVID death

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal  From the CDC website:

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010

Not insignificant numbers and I don't remember hearing anything about it in the media.  Plus as I understand it, the flu "vaccine" is less than 50% effective.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Death certificates often say that the heart stopped, causing death. Watch court tv. That cardiac term is often on the death certificate when the medical examiner talks about the deceased. It doesn't mean that a disease or other problem did not lead to the heart stopping.

Has nothing to do with COVID-19 stats. It sounds like a lousy defense lawyer, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, this here certificate says the victim's heart stopped when he died, not that my client killed him! Therefore innocent of all charges!"

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

And there are also those who are putting causes of death down as something else when they are really from Covid-19, thus keeping the numbers down.  So this goes both ways.  

True.

I wish there was a way to count 'Suffer Rate', as well as Death Rate.

There's a good chance many will be on ventilators for an extended

period of time if/when before death. 

Just like 9/11...we have the exact # of those who immediately died

but of those who are dying 20yrs later of cancers, etc, we still

considered their death as 9/11 related...even though many of those

deaths would have been occurring regardless of 9/11.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

I was always skeptical of death stats because my mother's death certificate isn't accurate (along with other family members), and pneumonia deaths are thrown in with the flu, but if you die of anything with the antibodies in your system, they're tossing it under COVID. You were two days away from death anyway, but it's the virus?

So much for the true numbers with any pandemic/epidemic.

@Blahblahvampemer 

I wish they would give up some statistics on how many deaths last year from the regular flu versus deaths thus far from this COVID19. Seems there has been no mention of that.

@Sapphiregal

Flu--CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu.  https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Covid--

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*†
  • Total cases: 163,539
  • Total deaths: 2,860
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 55 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

...when my mom died 20+ years ago, the death certificate read heart attack...she did not have heart trouble...she had terminal cancer!

@Mom2Dogs, as a general rule if there was no autopsy, cause of death will be listed as heart attack if the heart stopping resulted in death with the underlying disease sometimes listed as a contributory or associated cause.

With the covid deaths the majority of death certificates will likely show cause of death as respiratory failure with pneumonia being the underlying/associated/contributory cause secondary to covid-19.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

OMG, are we still trotting out the canard that the yearly flu is worse than this crisis?

Simply put, if you don't believe in what's going on now and the existential threat it poses, just say so.

But for my sake and others, please stay at least six feet away.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It’s funny, two people my husband knows died from the virus. Although I know there are many, I don’t know anyone who has died from the flu.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the highest risks of having a heart attack is immediately following the flu. Well-known for years. 

A major cause of death from the flu is pneumonia. 

Chinese researchers have reported higher risk of heart attack in COVID-19 patients.

There is a connection.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

OMG, are we still trotting out the canard that the yearly flu is worse than this crisis?

Simply put, if you don't believe in what's going on now and the existential threat it poses, just say so.

But for my sake and others, please stay at least six feet away.

....or stay the &#@% home!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

I was always skeptical of death stats because my mother's death certificate isn't accurate (along with other family members), and pneumonia deaths are thrown in with the flu, but if you die of anything with the antibodies in your system, they're tossing it under COVID. You were two days away from death anyway, but it's the virus?

So much for the true numbers with any pandemic/epidemic.

Where is this happening?

I'd like to know, too, @mom2four0418.   Regarding the misunderstanding about flu and pneumonia statistics,  @pitdakota has dispelled this misunderstanding again and again.   Here's a copy of one of her posts regarding the incorrect assertion:

"We have a poster that consistently posts that anyone that dies of pneumonia is counted in that category.

That is essentially incorrect information.  There are literally scores of different types of pneumonias. By operational definition, the CDC only counts pneumonia that is communicable in nature in this category.

Influenza is communicable and also results in pneumonia in many of the serious cases.

So if someone dies of aspiration pneumonia, it is not counted in this category.

If someone dies of pneumocystic carnii pneumonia it is not counted in this category.

And the list goes on.

So not all types of pneumonia are included in that category and nor do they account for the bulk of the total number year after year after year."

I hope @pitdakota will visit this thread to address this and also the claim: "Die of a heart attack, have the antibodies, it’s a COVID death."   She's a hands-on expert and educator in this field and her explanations have been respectful, informative, calm, and  helpful.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova