Trusted Contributor

Die of a heart attack, have the antibodies, it’s a COVID death

I was always skeptical of death stats because my mother's death certificate isn't accurate (along with other family members), and pneumonia deaths are thrown in with the flu, but if you die of anything with the antibodies in your system, they're tossing it under COVID. You were two days away from death anyway, but it's the virus?

So much for the true numbers with any pandemic/epidemic.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

Re: Die of a heart attack, have the antibodies, it’s a COVID death

And there are also those who are putting causes of death down as something else when they are really from Covid-19, thus keeping the numbers down.  So this goes both ways.  

Honored Contributor

...when my mom died 20+ years ago, the death certificate read heart attack...she did not have heart trouble...she had terminal cancer!

Trusted Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

I was always skeptical of death stats because my mother's death certificate isn't accurate (along with other family members), and pneumonia deaths are thrown in with the flu, but if you die of anything with the antibodies in your system, they're tossing it under COVID. You were two days away from death anyway, but it's the virus?

@Blahblahvampemer 

I wish they would give up some statistics on how many deaths last year from the regular flu versus deaths thus far from this COVID19. Seems there has been no mention of that.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

So don't look at the statistics and maybe they'll go away. Like magic.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

So don't look at the statistics and maybe they'll go away. Like magic.

I just like honest reportage.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Where is this happening?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

...when my mom died 20+ years ago, the death certificate read heart attack...she did not have heart trouble...she had terminal cancer!

Same with my mom.  Cancer wasn't even mentioned.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer 

I wish they would give up some statistics on how many deaths last year from the regular flu versus deaths thus far from this COVID19. Seems there has been no mention of that.

@Blahblahvampemer  Don't know what news channel you watch but it has been mentioned many times.  If you want flu statistics go to the CDC website.