Honored Contributor

Re: Didn’t QVC used to sell Insta Pots?

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

I recently bought this 6-qt Pioneer Woman "Blossoms" Instant Pot at Walmart for $49.  Instant pots are always on sale around every holiday if you're interested in saving $20+ or so.

The Pioneer Woman Instant Pot LUX60 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker

Is a 6 Qt. Large enough for the average size packages, 16 Oz.  of dried black beans, lentils or white beans or kidney beans? Does the Instapot use the same amount f water when you are cooking the beans in it as a regular stock pot does on the stove? Do you still need to presoak your beans? 

Honored Contributor

If any of you own the Duo, how's the air fryer? Do you like the way the food turns out when you use the air fryer? 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Is a 6 Qt. Large enough for the average size packages, 16 Oz.  of dried black beans, lentils or white beans or kidney beans? Does the Instapot use the same amount f water when you are cooking the beans in it as a regular stock pot does on the stove? Do you still need to presoak your beans? 

@Mindy D 

Yes, the 6-qt is big enough for that amount of dried beans. I cook 20 oz. of dried mixed beans in my 5-qt cooker with no problem at all.