Honored Contributor

Did you wear a POW bracelet?

[ Edited ]

I did.  I wore it for years.  The name on mine was Captain Patrick Harrold.  They found his remains years and years after the Vietnam war ended.  I read online several years ago that they'd finally found his remains and brought them home for proper burial.  In Kansas I believe.  I cried when I read they found his remains and I'm crying now, typing this.  Thinking about Patrick Harrold on this Memorial Day.  I will never forget

I don't still have my bracelet.  I would never have given it up just because.  It seems to me back then that you could mail them somewhere.  I'm a little sketchy on that.

The serviceman on my mom's bracelet was a POW and we watched him get off the plane when he came home.  My mom let us stay home from school to watch if I remember correctly.  He got off the plane and when he did, my mom reached down and took her bracelet off.  I believe his first name was Gus.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Did you wear a POW bracelet?

Image result for MIA POW pics

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I did.  My first one broke after years of wear.  I got another one, which I still have.  The name on this one is Barton S. Creed.  Don't know anything about him, though.   

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I did. I believe his name was Major Robert Panek. After many many years I came across an article with an address where you could write in to find out whether they ever came back or were recovered. Sadly they wrote back and told me that eventually his remains were recovered and returned to his family. That was a very sad thing to learn. I believe I still have the bracelet somewhere. I think many people left them at the Vietnam Wall Memorial.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

Yes, I did.  My first one broke after years of wear.  I got another one, which I still have.  The name on this one is Barton S. Creed.  Don't know anything about him, though.   

@cancun08- lots of information on google about him.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Yes - I wore one.  Not sure if I still have it.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@cancun08- lots of information on google about him.

@gidgetgh

Thank you for your input.  Why I never thought of this is beyond me, maybe because that bracelet has been stored away for so long.  I went to Google and read the articles.  At least now, I have an answer. 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Regular Contributor

Yes I wore mine for yrs. The name on it was Terry Hanley. I saw his name on the Wall in D.C.

Honored Contributor

yes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I did, and I still have it.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee