Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know that the lovely Kim Gravel won a beauty contest in 1991...

[ Edited ]

Kim knows about pageants. She used to have her own pageant coaching business and there was a reality show about it at one time. Her mom and sister were in it, too. It was a very entertaining show to say the least! I liked it a lot. Kim of Queens was the name it that show. The name of her 'shop' was The Pageant Place.

Valued Contributor

If anyone has the Lifetime Channel app on Fire stick/tv or Roku her show is on there. It's called Kim of Queens. It was a short lived series, I never did watch it.

Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom  Kim still has killer legs! What a fabulous voice . . . had no idea she was so talented.  Love her natural hair and eyebrows. Didn't we all wear shoulder pads like that in 1991?  Thanks for sharing. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

this was miss georgia, part of the miss america pageant.

those were some major shoulder pads in that evening gown! i wonder how anyone was able to walk through doorways? Robot Very Happy

she looked and sounded beautiful.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

She really is a very nice person.  I asked her once about the girls on Pagent Place.  She answered my post and said she still sees them often and that her sister was now running the place. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I did!  I used to watch the show she had when she and her mother and sister coached young girls for beauty pageants.  I loved that show.  She was wonderful on it.  So inspirational and I believe many of the young girls could identify with her what she went through.  And she seemed so down to earth and funny and sweet.  Her sister and mom as well.  She was not the typical pageant girl and winner.  She was and is an exceptional person!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes I did.  She has talked about it before, most recently during her show with Carolyn. 

I think she looks exactly the same now as she did then, just with dark hair.  I like her blonde hair much better.  Her voice is amazing.

I used to watch Kim of Queens.  Prior to that I had never heard about her.  I didn't care for the show but I enjoy Kim on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Those were the days....$9,000 scholarship.   

Respected Contributor

@puttypiesmom I didn't know that. I have always thought she was a very pretty woman. I really enjoy her and her line.