Respected Contributor

Did you know Rachael Ray has her own brand of cat food?

<h1>Introducing Rachael Ray Nutrish® for Cats</h1>

The first natural cat food from Rachael Ray Nutrish®. Real meat like chicken or fish is the #1 ingredient in these delicious recipes. There's never any junk like meat poultry by-product meal, artificial flavors or preservatives. Look for these wholesome recipes where you currently shop for your family's groceries.

Dry Food for Cats
<h2>Natural Dry Cat Food</h2>

Real chicken or salmon is always the number one ingredient in every bag of Rachael Ray Nutrish® for Cats. There's no ground corn, wheat or soy. And there's never any poultry by-product meal, artificial flavors or artificial preservatives. Just wholesome whole grains and veggies plus the vitamins, minerals and taurine your cat needs to be healthy and happy.

Learn More

Wet Food for Cats
<h2>Natural Wet Cat Food</h2>

Inspired by recipes from Rachael's kitchen, these delicious recipes are made with simple, natural ingredients like real chicken or fish. There's no grains or anything artificial either — just essential vitamins and minerals for a tasty food your cat will love.

Learn More
Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know Rachael Ray has her own brand of cat food?

My cat has been doing so very well since I switched to RR's DRY Nutrish Cat Food! Always remember to first, in the beginning, acclimate any new food, 'little by little', into your cat's diet. Then, after a couple of weeks, the cat's digestive system will be ready to completely eat only the new food. Anyway, my elderly cat's B/M's have been 'perfect'. No problems anymore. I'm thrilled! We're using the brown rice/chicken choice.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review...I hope my cats like it too!

Honored Contributor

I just started my kitten on California Natural. My other cat ate Blue Buffalo her whole life and was fine. But I read so much scary stuff on the Pet forum about it. Didn't want the kitten to eat it.

The woman at a pet store praised Purina and said they are the real authorities on dog and cat food. (Think she referred to it as 'Purina Institute'....a place she actually toured years ago).

So the kitten is fine with the CA Natural (canned) and is also eating Purina Pro Plan (she came with a bag...lol).

One thing about her though is, she's a beggar. Stares at me when I'm preparing our food, wants to sniff what we're eating and that's not something we're used to. Our other cat never did that and the dog is never in the kitchen at meal time. Seems the kitten is not satisfied with cat food and wants what we're eating!

I guess I just went on and on about my kitten.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

ILikeShade: I'll be on our third RR's bag in a couple of days or so.! My cat loved it so much in the beginning (the Chicken/brown rice choice), she was chasing me all around the house, wanting more! But, as I stated, it's a good idea to give a small bit at a time each meal and/or each day, mixed in with the regular/normal food. I made a huge mistake a few years ago by giving a new type/(another brand) all at once, and my cat developed stomach/gas/intestinal problems. Too much of a new brand, way too soon. It had too many veggies in it, I'm thinking. ANYWAY, Rachael Ray's new NUTRISH has been absolutely perfect!! Smile

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to say my cats don't care for her cat food, but only because they won't eat anything other than the pate' in any brand. I wish they would, because I would gladly buy it in order to support Rachel's charity work with animals. She does so much! If you want to learn more, you can go to her website - http://nutrish.rachaelray.com/

Here is something I think everyone should know:

How much money from each bag of Nutrish®goes to charity?

Because of fluctuating ingredient and manufacturing costs, we can't give you an exact amount. What we can tell you is that Rachael's proceeds from every bag of Nutrish go to organizations that help animals in need through Rachael's Rescue. Click here to see how many millions of dollars have been raised to date. To learn more about Rachael's Rescue and the animal organizations that we support, visit:www.RachaelsRescue.org.

ETA: We will be trying her dry cat food when the bags of food I have now run out - they don't eat as much dry as they do the canned food.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, KittyMomNC ! I'll check out the site! Just remember to just start out with a small amount at first. Suggested from our vet and also others. (Any new brand.)

Honored Contributor

My cat eats the chicken and brown rice dried food and loves it. She seems to be doing well on it. She's been on it for about four months.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/2/2014 ROMARY said:

Thank you, KittyMomNC ! I'll check out the site! Just remember to just start out with a small amount at first. Suggested from our vet and also others. (Any new brand.)

Hi ROMARY! Because of my little Baby Cat's illness with kidney disease for almost four years, I've had to try so many different kinds of food, I feel that at any given time, there is more cat food lined up in my pantry than there is people food! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

But thanks for the advice. It's a very important thing for people to know, because cats' digestive systems are a little delicate. I always mix a little of the new in with the others they eat, and see how they like it, then I know how to proceed. I started out with the kidney diet food, but at about the two-year mark, the vet said just feed her anything she'll eat, because the most important thing is for her to eat and not worry as much about it being the kidney diet food. She gets fluid treatments three times a week, and she has done well for so much longer than I had hoped, but her blood pressure is the most current problem... she is on meds.

That Nutrish wet food looked so appetizing for a cat! Little pieces of actual fish, shrimp, etc. in that broth, and neither of my cats wanted it. They go for the cheap stuff, unfortunately, or at least fortunately for my pocketbook!Smile

Honored Contributor

Yes...I have bought her dog food for our puppy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**