Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know? Posting about items-ads equals money!

@teganslaw wrote:

I never thought about this, but it makes sense. There are certain posters who I think are making money off their listed items. The main reason isn't being helpful, it's because they are gaining financially from this. Nothing wrong with making some money on the side. 

@teganslaw    This post has me shaking my head in wonderment.  How in the world would any poster make money off QVC merchandise?  Some poster's imaginations boggle the mind. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw    This post has me shaking my head in wonderment.  How in the world would any poster make money off QVC merchandise?  Some poster's imaginations boggle the mind. 

I have no idea, but I tend to be cynical and don't trust everything I read. No idea if I'm correct; it's just the way I think and don't expect everyone to agree with me. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Interesting, but no, I have no qualms about the possibility of infiltration here. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Interesting post ! I was not aware of this happening.  I have never made any money on any posts. I just recently posted about fashions on HSN that I like and about a beauty brand on QVC that I like and have to much of but no money made here ! Wouldn't it be nice if QVC paid everyone who post on this forum, some of us would be rich Just sayin ! Woman LOL  

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

This does not happen on this Forum. Why do you think QVC does not allow links?

In order to do this, there has to be a link and also a way to identify the person so that they can get paid. Heard this years ago, don´t know if it´s still the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I just did a little bit of googling, and as I thought, it's not likely that anyone is being paid to mention products on QVC boards.  If you are an "influencer" with many "followers" you can make money this way on social media platforms like Instagram.  Or if you have a blog, where you then recommend certain products.  But I couldn't find anything suggesting that an individual might be paid to speak highly of a product on a privately owned board like this.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand this post at all. How would a person know that someone is getting paid to endorse a product or website? Maybe I'm naive, but I haven't seen anything, that I can think of, that made me think a particular product or website (outside of QVC) was being pushed in order to receive payment.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I don't understand this post at all. How would a person know that someone is getting paid to endorse a product or website? Maybe I'm naive, but I haven't seen anything, that I can think of, that made me think a particular product or website (outside of QVC) was being pushed in order to receive payment.

There are any number of fashion or beauty blogs that state the blogger will receive a small commission if you buy a featured item through the provided link.  There's often a discount offered with a code.  I don't see how any poster could be doing that here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes this is very common. A youtuber with a large following on Instagram and youtube can get up to 10k just from one ad. There is a ton of money to be made if you have any kind of following.  They are suppose to disclose its a affiliate link or they are getting paid. If you click on one of their Amazon links they actually get a small portion of anything you but over the next month. Don't even have to buy what you clicked for.

it's not being done here Wheb you click these affiliate links you will see it being redirected.