Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you know? Posting about items-ads equals money!

Interesting.  I've wondered myself.

I wish HSN would pay me when I like their items. Especially Korres I have a mountain of it.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Just this morning, someone has posted several different fashion posts.  Wonder if those are ads ijn disguidse?

No, that's not the reason for that particular action. But it did make me feel younger, as if I was back in elementary school.

I have never made one red cent off posts here, in case anyone was speculating.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21@lolakimono,

and others,

I always enjoy both your posts and findings and have always, like you said, think you post for the interest and fun discussion.

I think you can tell who posts for the fun of it, and there are many that do this. Also those who find great finds and recommend etc. 

My op, just a curious speculation on things

that happen here🤷‍♀️

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay   agree...and don't want those that are helpful and considerate to get burned. Hoping this does not go to the dark side.  

@on the bay wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21@lolakimono,

and others,

I always enjoy both your posts and findings and have always, like you said, think you post for the interest and fun discussion.

I think you can tell who posts for the fun of it, and there are many that do this. Also those who find great finds and recommend etc. 

My op, just a curious speculation on things

that happen here🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

This is an interesting theory.

I never undersood why a thread regarding a dealer on Etsy and the items sold seems to go on forever.

Posting on the Q site sure generates a ton of publicity.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Just this morning, someone has posted several different fashion posts.  Wonder if those are ads ijn disguidse?

kind of wierd

but there are no clickable links so no revenue

Honored Contributor

How nice it would be if I had gotten a commission for the pre-Fall fashion preview recently posted.  Never thought of that.  I could have made quite a bit of money because the retail prices are in the thousands.

Also, had gotten a commission for selling some of QVC's items I posted here.  HA!

Don't include me in with those breaking QVC rules. 

Respected Contributor

Have all of you forgot about NURSE RECRUITER?

That's what all her posts were about, profiting off the readers and there was more but I forgot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmm...I never knew this either.  I like to post pictures of things I use & ❤️, mostly on the Beauty forum, but I was not aware that people actually get paid to do this.  Now I'll wonder if the poster really ❤️ the item being posted or is just wanting to make a $$.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Have all of you forgot about NURSE RECRUITER?

That's what all her posts were about, profiting off the readers and there was more but I forgot.

@Just Bling , I do!  I'd forgotten about her.  Sometimes it can get pretty entertaining I think.

There have been others over the years whose names I can't remember, but you can pretty well tell in pretty short order when somebody works for a company or has a personal interest IMO.