Esteemed Contributor

The Tucson TV anchors who were arrested because their newborn tested positive for cocaine? Transmitted through breast milk.

Esteemed Contributor

Just awful to hear that a baby is victimized by it's own parents.  So helpless to do anything about the whole situation.  Don't know of any punishment harsh enough to fit this crime. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

There is no excuse for this or doing cocaine at all. Obviously their baby is not a priority.  Awful

Respected Contributor

I am really starting to believe that you need to pass tests and get a license before you can be a parent.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

I just read this article. The fact that they took their baby & left the first hospital because they were asked to take blood tests then took the baby to another hospital where they again refused to take blood tests for the sake of their baby, indicates their baby is not their priority & they should lose custody IMO. Their behavior doing coke in the first place with a 3 month old in their care is a disgrace & extremely poor choice. AND what 3 month old goes without eating for 12 hours??? 

Regular Contributor

@PickyInPA wrote:

I just read this article. The fact that they took their baby & left the first hospital because they were asked to take blood tests then took the baby to another hospital where they again refused to take blood tests for the sake of their baby, indicates their baby is not their priority & they should lose custody IMO. Their behavior doing coke in the first place with a 3 month old in their care is a disgrace & extremely poor choice. AND what 3 month old goes without eating for 12 hours??? 

Some might think my opinion is a bit harsh, but I worked for a children's mental health agency for several years & saw first-hand how parents can screwup their children. It's heartbreaking. So, yes,  I feel very strongly about situations like this.

Honored Contributor

How sad.

Respected Contributor

Unbelievable! You would expect tv anchors to have a pretty good brain. It's hard to believe that they did not know that the cocaine can be transmitted to the baby via breast milk.

I hope they were both fired and go to jail. I also hope they lose custody of that poor baby. Why would anyone deliberately endanger a baby's life?

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the subject is controversial

Trusted Contributor
Isobel, so beautifully said.