Trusted Contributor

Re: Did you have more fun in elementay, jr. high, or high school?

I'm sorry to say I didn't enjoy any of my school years. Even in first grade I was an outcast. One girl told me that they (the majority of the girls) wouldn't play with me anymore because I was weird. Then one time at recess in elementary school no one wanted me to join their game so I went off by myself to cry. A fifth grader did show compassion and walked me back to class. It didn't change much in junior high (middle school in my town). I still feel the scars of bullying. I was/am a Christian, and was bullied because I didn't cuss or act like everyone else. It didn't help matters that I was an overweight kid, either. So, not everyone's school days were a good experience.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was mercilessly bullied during elem  and middle school; by HS I had no use for any of my fellow students.

I've never gone back for 'reunions'.

50 years have not changed my mind.

Teachers were of no help and my pleas fell on deaf ears to my mom. My brother even joined in w/the verbal assaults. We only speak 1-2x a year even now.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Elementary school for me was my best years....lots of friends....etc.....When I hit 7th grade my parents divorced and it was a downward spiral for me to find joy and happiness with all the fighting and ugliness plus my Mom leaving us all... in high school I battered Anorexia so not much happiness for me.....

@SeaMaiden

That was a lot to deal with for a kid.  I'm so sorry you went through all that.

Respected Contributor

While the younger grades were ok even fun most of the years, high school was Great! New friends along with the old. Playing sports, dating, dances. Along with school work. I look back on my high school days with fond memories. It makes me smile. I have been to many of the reunions too. They are great fun seeing my old classmates. We have a multi class reunion coming up this June. You bet I will be there!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember any fun in school until I got to grad school.  That was easy and fun.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grade school for sure.  Very carefree and happy days. High school brought going steady, falling in love, and breaking up after 3 years.  I cried a lot ..... "and they called it puppy love"....but it was real to the puppy.  Sigh.....

Respected Contributor

I had the most fun in elementary school as I went to the same school K-8 with many of the same kids.  We moved a few months into my freshman year in high school and I wound up going to 3 different high schools.  A few years ago my elementary school group had a 40 year reunion.  I now live 1700 miles away from where I grew up but I did go to the reunion and am so glad I did.       

Honored Contributor

Probably JR. High.  I did a lot of activities then.  Scary, but fun.  Maybe what made me.  Hahaha ... the good, bad and ugly. Smiley Wink  HS was busy and didn't do the same things.  Made all my classes and extra ones.  Worked mostly my last two years.  Had my credits to graduate and couldn't get in to the extra classes I wanted to take.  So, I went to work.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

High School .. started first grade sitting between two "boys" and when we graduated, sat between the same two young men..    Loved it in the 60's, small town in East Tennessee- grateful for a whole lot.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I loved school!  Elementary, High School, and especially College.  I think that I try to find the fun in most things.