Honored Contributor

Re: Did you have a favorite year ,for white House Christmas Decorations?

@ValuSkr wrote:

I didn't know the White House sold Christmas ornaments.  It will be interesting to see what they come up with this year.

@ValuSkr  The WH ornaments are sold through the Whilte House Historical Association.  This is the one for 2018 with a nod to Truman.

Image result for 2018 white house ornament

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Keeping with the theme of Home for the Holidays, many ornaments on the tree are replicas of historic homes and places of worship from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. More than 180 artists contributed to the decorative effort. White House photo by Susan Sterner

Respected Contributor

I have been to the White House during Christmas numerous times.

If you ever have a chance to go, you will not regret it.  The setting takes your breath away.

It is well worth the time!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

@cherry Thanks for sharing. This information was very interesting. I sure wouldn't have the first idea if I were in charge of decorating the White House!

Honored Contributor

I think the character of the decorations reflects the personality of the First Lady in residence.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I liked the deorations that Laura Bush chose

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

@cherry Thanks for sharing. This information was very interesting. I sure wouldn't have the first idea if I were in charge of decorating the White House!

But you would have the help of interior designers and hundreds of helpers!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I like all of them but based on the pictures in Cakers' post, Laura Bush's decor is my favorite.

Why must some posters be so snarky?

Respected Contributor

i do hope there will be a tv presentation of decorations this year. i see many thing that are so new and different - would love to see how the skyline art of NYC, SF, St Louis and Chicago actually present on the different mantels.  also i am an eagle watcher so i want to see the tree that honors our magnificent American Bald Eagle.

each year brings new ideas - thanks to all our First Ladies and their very able staff - and chefs for that gingerbread rendering -  not just the White House this year, but the Lincoln Memorial, the Mall, etc.  amazing, all!