Trusted Contributor

Re: Did you grow up with or know someone who is famous now?

I knew Jack Palance he was an actor of years ago but also a few years back he was in two movies with Billy Crystal. He mostly played a villain part in movies. Jack was a very kind gentle man. He had a farm in Drums Pa. and a place in California. He would come to my house and would talk for hours. He never let his fame go to his head. My husband at the time his father was a prize fighter and Jack tried that at one time in his life but quickly gave it up. This was before he became an actor. Jack tried to do many things so he would not have to work in the coal mines and eventually he became an actor. I have never met a person such as him so down to earth and kind even with all his fame in his days. He went out with some beautiful actress he told us about and his marriages. 

Honored Contributor

There is a current presidential candidate who lived 3 blocks from me

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

I knew Jack Palance he was an actor of years ago but also a few years back he was in two movies with Billy Crystal. He mostly played a villain part in movies. Jack was a very kind gentle man. He had a farm in Drums Pa. and a place in California. He would come to my house and would talk for hours. He never let his fame go to his head. My husband at the time his father was a prize fighter and Jack tried that at one time in his life but quickly gave it up. This was before he became an actor. Jack tried to do many things so he would not have to work in the coal mines and eventually he became an actor. I have never met a person such as him so down to earth and kind even with all his fame in his days. He went out with some beautiful actress he told us about and his marriages. 

@Vickiv That's a great story.  I grew up in NEPA and my ancestors were coal miners who had the same background as Jack Palance.  My grandparents always used to joke that he looked like a cousin.  I think those old folks all came from the same village and boarded the boat together.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh,I had to answer this one .I went to school with the one and only John Travolta  <3

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Oh,I had to answer this one .I went to school with the one and only John Travolta  <3

DING DING DING DING . . . I think we have a winner here folks . . . Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes

Honored Contributor

We're from the same home town but Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys..  knew Steve Spurrier when he was QB for Science Hill High School, he wouldn't know me from squat now, LOL ...   One of my classmates is on Broadway, beautiful singer. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi----Bet I can get a close guess.-----------tedEbear

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi-----I read that wrong.  Thought it WAS ran.-------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

When we lived in Pgh. a lot of the players and coaches from the Steelers and Pirates were living in our community and attended our church.  Let me just say these were the days before they were earning zillions of dollars as they do now.  

They were such a great group of guys, always taking time to talk with the children and the men.  They were involved with the community - a good group.