Honored Contributor

Did you grow up with or know someone who is famous now?

It has been more than 40 years since DH and I graduated HS and it occurs to me that no one we went to school with has become famous for any reason.  I'm curious if a any of you grew up with someone who is famous now for any reason.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you grow up with or know someone who is famous now?

Yes. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A congressman, a 10,000 Maniac, a Goo Goo Doll, pro athletes (one now a pro coach).

My son is in LA right now and went to a dinner last night. An Academy Award winner showed up after dinner and they all sat around a piano and sang Christmas songs. He obviously knows and works with lots of movie and TV people...but this suprised even him! (he was at the home of a jewelry manufacturer).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My once best friends husband's cousins were the Everly Brothers.  Their cousin was Mindy Carson, a well known singer at the time.  I never met any of them.

Isn't that something like six degrees of separation?

P. S.  I did meet Sal Mineo on a street in NYC when I worked there as a young girl.  I asked him for his autograph and he was very nice about it.  He was so tiny.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does this include notorious criminals?  I'll never tell.

Respected Contributor

yes

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

Well, my ancestry goes back to Betsy Ross but I didn't know her....also not in my era but I think I may have met her when I was very young, Margaret O'Brien was a cousin.  However, I did go to high school with members of various Doowap groups in Newark NJ.  I have met many famous people in the course of my professional life but I didn't know them....

Honored Contributor

Years ago, my best friend's daughter was dating a struggling actor and he would sometimes stay over, always sleeping on the living room couch, to respect her parents.  My friend would get up in the morning for coffee and would sometimes see this young kid snoozing on her sofa.   He later became a famous actor and Academy Award nominee.

Esteemed Contributor

To those of you who are saying "yes" or sharing tidbits of information, can't you say who the person is????  It would make your response a lot more interesting.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have 1 famous family member.

They are globally famous.

They also did Dancing with the Stars. Smiley Happy

They also don't talk to me,what's up with that? lol