Honored Contributor

Re: Did you get Q Credit Increase too?

I am not a fan of cc companies increasing your limit without your permission.  This can lower your credit score.

I closed a cc some years ago because they kept increasing my limit.  I usually pay my balance every month and don't charge expensive items.  When my max limit hit $35,000 that was it.  I could have bought a car with that card, but there was no way I could afford the mininum monthly payments if my balance was that high.

Now, if my limit is increased, I call them and ask them to keep it where it is. So  far, they have.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@KingstonsMomThanks -   Over the years, I've gotten rid of every card that was company-specific - even some that I might have used more generally.

I just find it easier to manage my life if I don't have to manage too many little pieces!

@millieshops

Me too! I stopped using 'store' cards like Macys, Belks, JCPenney, etc. and just use either my American Express or Visa card.

The older I get, the more I want to simplify my life, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

You couldn't pay me to get a Q card.

Honored Contributor

Just curious--why would anyone get a Q card?  What's the incentive???  I have a MC and Visa and Macy's, which I probably don't need now.  TJMaxx when I'm in there is always pushing their card.  Why???

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

per experian.....

"Any time you make a change to your credit history you may see a temporary dip in credit scores. However, increasing your credit limits on your credit cards will not likely hurt, and can help, your credit scores in the long run."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Just curious--why would anyone get a Q card?  What's the incentive???  I have a MC and Visa and Macy's, which I probably don't need now.  TJMaxx when I'm in there is always pushing their card.  Why???

@kaydee50 

Because they want part of the interest you're paying for the 'honor' of carrying their card, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@millieshops 

The Q card can only be used at QVC, I'm not interested in having one either.

I've read a lot of not so nice things about problems with Synchrony Bank too.

@KingstonsMom 

I don't understand why so many have had problems.

The only problem I ever had was when HSN went from using Comenity Bank To Synchrony Bank. I was never able to acitvate the new card since the phone number I had listed on my account was home # instead of cell so they could not text me code to activate. 

My home phone is VOIP so they would not talk to me over the phone so mailed me a letter. LOL!!! 

I have better things to do so I threw the letter in the trash because I'm not  going thru hoops.

They finally did send me a 0 balance statement. I need to send a letter to have them close the account so it cannot be used.

If I really want their card I can get it no problems just not dealing with this BS on the card from HSN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 

No incentives for me to have these cards other then my Visa is not listed on all the sites I shop. I already had it replaced 5-6 times. If someone uses my Q Card they can only use it at QVC. If my Q card all the sudden started getting charges to it both QVC & Synchrony should know it's not me. I guess this is another account I should close. I like using Paypal so my credit card is not over all the place.

Honored Contributor

I have not gotten an email about a credit line increase but that's fine.  My current line is way, way higher than anything I would use anyway.  I don't buy all that much here anymore and keep the card paid off each month.

I never even applied for the Q Card.  They just sent it to me, many years ago.  I've continued to use it just to keep track, as I do with my Amazon card.  But I hope to never again carry a balanace on a credit card.  I played that game when I was much younger and it's not a smart move.  All I have a balance on is the mortgage.  Smiley Happy   (working on paying that off, too, but no time soon)

Honored Contributor

i prefer to use the QCARD for my qvc purchases.

it is much easier to keep an eye on items purchased, items returned, and easy payments when they are all on one bill. i have had one for a very long time.

i pay online or by check via mail.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein