Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever run into a famous person?

[ Edited ]

Jane Fonda, Jack Nicholson, Stephen Stills, Cassandra Peterson (Elvira), The Eagles band, Joe Kenda, Goose Gossage (MLB pitcher) and a few famous medical people I can't mention here.

ETA:  Hanya Holm (dance choreographer/educator)

Honored Contributor

Growing up in SoCal, several. The first person I remember seeing was Efrem Zimbalist Jr (77 Sunset Strip and FBI). There was a Rolls parked outside the local (small) drug store and I went in to see who it belonged to - him, at the height of his fame.

Went to Paramount Studios when they were still Desilu and toured the original Mission:Impossible set and Mannix. Met Mike Connors, Peter Graves, Greg Morris. Original Star Trek was filming at the time but it was always a closed set.

Tom Skerritt of M*A*S*H movie fame stood in line at the PO in front of me. I also saw one of the secondary stars from Exodus shopping.

Used to go to a lot of ballet including some galas. Saw Ali McGraw, Dana Wynter and several other stars popular in the 70s. I lost the program where I’d noted everyone I saw when I had a fire.

Was involved in later Star Trek fandoms and knew several of the actors from helping out with fan clubs and conventions. Spent a day on the set of Deep Space Nine and got to tour the lot at Paramount.

From the time I lived in an area of LA where actors lived and worked, most recently - Henry Winkler, Pierce Brosnan, Julie Andrews, Vin Scully, Damian Lewis (twice), and sat next to Patrick McGoohan in a pub on NewYears’ Day.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my 20's and living in Sun Valley Idaho, I ran into several "famous" people.  As a waitress working at  an Itallian restaurant I waited on  Diana Ross and her children who were on a ski vacation.   I also was grocery shopping in a market in SunValley and ran into Steve McQueen picking out Avocados.  There were many other people I saw at the lodges and skiing while living and working in SunValley.  Many of them are gone now( dead).

My Husband worked on the film crew on Clint Eastwood's movie  PALE RIDER.  He ate lunch with Clint Eastwood every day! It was filmed in SunValley/ Galena Summit area  in Idaho in 1970's.   He made really good money and it was so welcomed as we were newlyweds and broke!  Great memories fir us when we watch that film!

Honored Contributor

Due to my husband's profession, we have run into celebrities fairly often.  We live in NYC part-time so I've seen numerous celebrities just out and about.  The first time I  remember running into a celebrity was when I was in college, flying student standby.  I was seated next to Joe Namath. (in a huge fur coat)

I find it amusing when you see a celebrity who seemed larger than life but in reality was downright tiny in stature. (Dustin Hoffman and Al Pacino come to mind)

Respected Contributor

I was on an elevator in a Philadelphia hotel with Little Richard and his body guards.

Long before Donald Trump was president I sat two rows behind him at a Broadway show. 

When we lived in Pgh., many of the Pgh. Steelers at that time lived in our community or nearby communities.  We would see them all the time at the mall, restaurants, church,etc.  They were such a good group, scandal free, married with children, living in the suburbs, a part of the community.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I’ve met several:

- I met Paul McCartney years ago .We were on the same plane on the way to England.He was very friendly & gave me his autograph & wrote me a lovely message.

- Telly Savalas in the 80’s in a bar at the Sheraton Universal Hotel,where he lived.He was very arrogant. 

- Tony Danza after attending a taping of Who’s The Boss. He spoke to me & gave me his autograph.Very nice guy. 

- Jay Leno in Las Vegas as he arrived for a performance at the Mirage.He stopped to talk to us.He told my then teenage son how he looked just like him at his age.He made his day.What a down to earth friendly guy!!

- Larry King at a theme park in California. We were on line behind him & his family. He heard DH & I discussing our dinner plans.He turned around & suggested a restaurant for us to try.Which prompted a conversation.He was very friendly.

- D**k Cavett in New York City.Years ago when I was a teenager I stopped him to ask for directions.He was walking his dog.I didn’t realize it was him until he started talking.He saw that my friend & I were lost & he walked us  to the corner & pointed us  in the right direction.Sweet guy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jane Fonda (Okinawa-she was on her way to V.N.)

Kenny Rodgers ( he was playing Craps in LV)

Tina Fey (N.M.)

Goldie Hawn, Connie Chung, Carl Bernstein, Ben Stein (all went to my H.S.)

Sheriff Joe Arpaio (2 myths ago at breakfast in Scottsdale)

Honored Contributor

Oh I forgot-Stevie Wonder at the LAX airport, on our way home from Hawaii.......He was getting off the plane, and everybody turned and stared. I remember thinking he was so much smaller in person than he appears on televison.

Trusted Contributor

Many years ago we ran into MR T at a hotel in Las Vegas.  We were coming down the escalator and noticed a huge crowd in the lobby.  When we go to the bottom it was MR T, all decked out in his jewels and necklaces.  He was surrounded  by his group of people, but he was really nice talking to people and taking lots of pictures.  That same trip to Las Vegas we were walking in front of another hotel and strolling around outside was Tom Cruise, we later realized this was when they were shooting Rain Man.Guess he was getting a feel for the hotel grounds at Caesars.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

Oh... I need to add, I worked one day as an extra in some campus scenes of The Way We Were.  Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford.  Streisand was shy, and didn't interact.  Redford was great... he played ball with the students (the filming took place on an actual campus).  The funniest scene was when he was throwing the Javelin... He couldn't get it 10', but we had to ooh and aah!  I was there for a few crowd scenes, but I think I ended up on the cutting room floor! LOL 

@ItsME  One of My FAVORITE  movies!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ What a wonderful memory to have!  Robert Redford was at his most GORGEOUS self!😍😍😍😍😍😍😍