Respected Contributor

Re: Did you ever run into a famous person?

I've run into Harrison Ford (what a dreamboat) in Santa Monica getting lunch, and OJ Simpson in Florida (after his first trial).  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Regular Contributor

Many years ago I was working as a banquet waitress at Pittsburgh hotel. Saw lots of sports figures...Lynn Swann was so sweet..helped me clear off table.

Mr. Rogers was just as you'd imagine..lovely man.

Also entertainment one night was Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners....my all time favorite.. R.I.P. Jimmy 

Valued Contributor

Years ago,when my husband was at a nightclub in Atlanta, he was standing by the stage area,he said a man leaned over and asked him for a light to his cigarette,a n when he lit the cigarette for him,he saw his face clearly...it was Rich Little who was very popular at the time,he was waiting to go on stage!!Also when he was in NY,he came out of a hotel,and they were filming a movie in the street,he ran almost into Jack Lemmon.

Honored Contributor

Back in the early 50's my mom worked in a Hilton in Chicago running elevators (back in the day when there were actually people operating elevators!!) and she shuttled quite a few famous people to the upper floor penthouse.

A few years ago, we were at a Reds baseball game, and Martin and Charlie Sheen were a few rows back from us.

I was walking into our local Walmart once quite a few years ago, and a couple was coming out the door right past me. The lady was on the cart and the guy was pushing her fast, kind of something you might see in a commercial, laughing and having fun. I thought, geez that girl looks like Lorrie Morgan (country singer popular at the time), then I notice the guy and thought, geez, he looks like Sammy Kershaw (again, a country singer), and sure enough it was them. They were in the area performing at the county fair (back when a lot of big names still did those smaller venues!). They were either married or dating at that time.

Respected Contributor

I had a nice, brief conversation with Lauren Bacall in FAO Schwarz in NYC while I was Christmas shopping in the 90's.  She was lovely and wearing a gorgeous leopard coat!  I was in my early 20's and I think she was surprised I actually knew who she was and the movies she'd been in.  She was very kind and beautiful!

Honored Contributor

When I was in high school, my class took a trip to Washington D.C.  We did all the tourist things including visiting Mt. Vernon.  The day we were there, King Hussein of Jordan and his entourage also happened to be visiting.  My group was totally in awe of him but soneone dared me to get his autograph so I barrelled through the crowd, went up and said hello to him and got his autograph on a Mt. Vernon brochure.  He was very young and handsome then, dressed in a uniform in a gorgeous shade of blue.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Living in the cornfields in the midwest does not lend itself to running into too many celebrities.  However, I did see Erik Estrada at our local Meijer store.  Back around 2007 Erik & others were part of the reality show, Armed & Famous, which had "celebrities" sworn in as police officers for the Muncie, Indiana police force.  I think the show was cancelled before it even aired all the episodes.  Anyway EE used to  (and maybe still does) come back around Christmas and help with some police sponsored Toys for Tots type of program.  I was at Meijer and couldn't figure out why everyone was gathered around with their phones out.  Then I looked up and saw Erik.

While in high school, our church youth group went to Washington D.C.  One day we all wore Navy pants/skirts with light blue short-sleeved sweaters.  We were at one of the WDC buildings (probably Capitol Bldg). and the then Vice President, Nelson Rockefeller came out, saw us with our matching clothes and came over and shook our hands.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox ... Yes, it was.  I went to SUNYA, but my sister went to Union.  I was helping her move into the dorm that year, and someone in Streisand's trailer called out to me and asked me if I wanted to be in the movie.  I couldn't say no!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Yes, he most definitely was!  But, even more important, he was NICE!

I still enjoy watching the moving when it's on TV.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ItsME  One of My FAVORITE  movies!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ What a wonderful memory to have!  Robert Redford was at his most GORGEOUS self!😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox ... are you from that area?  (I am...)