Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever run into a famous person?

@ItsME

No not at all and in all honesty I am not sure why I knew that little fact

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox  You have an extraordinary memory!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

When I was a child I'll never forget seeing Jackie O in the Plaza.  She was walking down the steps with her large sunglasses.  Another time Sydney Poitier .  Recently, Lou Diamond Philips and Sly Stallone.  Oh and David Muir.  That's why I love NY.  I want to run into Tom Selleck and Rob Deniro next.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Back in the early 50's my mom worked in a Hilton in Chicago running elevators (back in the day when there were actually people operating elevators!!) and she shuttled quite a few famous people to the upper floor penthouse.

A few years ago, we were at a Reds baseball game, and Martin and Charlie Sheen were a few rows back from us.

I was walking into our local Walmart once quite a few years ago, and a couple was coming out the door right past me. The lady was on the cart and the guy was pushing her fast, kind of something you might see in a commercial, laughing and having fun. I thought, geez that girl looks like Lorrie Morgan (country singer popular at the time), then I notice the guy and thought, geez, he looks like Sammy Kershaw (again, a country singer), and sure enough it was them. They were in the area performing at the county fair (back when a lot of big names still did those smaller venues!). They were either married or dating at that time.

@Mominohio  Whaaaaat?  Charlie should have been at an Indians game. Wild thing, you make my heart sing.....

Respected Contributor

Rue McClanahan from the Golden Girls and ran into Andre Agassi, the tennis player, in my local grocery store.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

When I was in high school I met Paul Newman & Joanne HeartHeartWoodward, he was very nice & so handsome. Also shook Robert Kennedy's hand at the local airport when he was campaigning for President, I was really surprised when a photo of it appeared on the front page of the town's newspaper...I'm smiling ear to ear as his hand is in mine...sadly he was murdered shortly after that. Oh, when I was in 4H we got free tickets to see the Beatles at the IN State Fair, as they left the arena I was standing next to the limo & got to touch Paul as he was getting in, I was so excited...seems silly now.

@kitcat51  it's not silly to me!   If only......!   I Heart  Sir Paul!

Respected Contributor

@marmot24 wrote:

Many years ago I was working as a banquet waitress at Pittsburgh hotel. Saw lots of sports figures...Lynn Swann was so sweet..helped me clear off table.

Mr. Rogers was just as you'd imagine..lovely man.

Also entertainment one night was Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners....my all time favorite.. R.I.P. Jimmy 

@marmot24   Such nostalgia reading your post.  The Skyliners performed at my senior prom, which was held at the Hilton in Pgh.  We were a class of about 650.

Lynn Swan lived in my development and was a wonderful neighbor.  You would frequently see him outside throwing a football with neighborhood boys.  A wonderful role model.

Trusted Contributor

Business trip in NYC.  Walking down 5th ave.  Passing @#%$# Tower.  Out breezes the man himself with a small entourage.  I continue walking.  At the corner I turn left and out breezes Mrs. #2 from the side enterance.  

Regular Contributor

Back in the late 80's on the day before Thanksgiving, I went to the Grand Union supermarket in Westport, CT on my lunch hour to do some last minute food shopping. I walked down the canned vegetable aisle and passed a woman. Just after I walked by her she called out "honey, can you come and get this down for me." With that, the man up ahead of me turned around to help her - it was Paul Newman and the woman was Joanne Woodward.Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@marmot24 wrote:

Many years ago I was working as a banquet waitress at Pittsburgh hotel. Saw lots of sports figures...Lynn Swann was so sweet..helped me clear off table.

Mr. Rogers was just as you'd imagine..lovely man.

Also entertainment one night was Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners....my all time favorite.. R.I.P. Jimmy 

@marmot24   Such nostalgia reading your post.  The Skyliners performed at my senior prom, which was held at the Hilton in Pgh.  We were a class of about 650.

Lynn Swan lived in my development and was a wonderful neighbor.  You would frequently see him outside throwing a football with neighborhood boys.  A wonderful role model.

You reminded me of seeing Robert Downey, Jr. at the Starbucks in the William Penn Hotel.  And also seeing Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris, not together though.